Roasted Asparagus

Roasted Asparagus

If you are afraid of green vegetables.
Please avert your eyes.
If you want only to gaze upon goodies, and treats and heavenly baked delights. By all means! I hope you will.
Go ahead and feast your eyes upon

these…and this….and a big fat helping of this.
Now that you’ve enjoyed a little sugar, let me say.
This Roasted Asparagus is really good.
Not in a cheesecake-ie sort of way. Heavens no.

In a healthy, roasted, olive oil drizzled, salt and peppered, Parmesan crusted sort of way. If you like Asparagus…
you are going to LOVE Roasted Asparagus. I hope you give it a try! And if Roasted Asparagus isn’t your cup of tea, well then I hope to..

See you back here soon for a fun giveaway…
and something with a lot of sweet and creamy calories.

Roasted Asparagus
Time: 5 minutes prep + 20 minutes roasting
Yield: about 5 servings
Recipe from The Barefoot Contessa
30 large asparagus
2 T olive oil
freshly ground sea salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/2 C Parmesan cheese

***Note: If the stalks of the asparagus are thick, peel the bottom half of each one.***

1. Lay your asparagus out on a large cookie sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
3. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the cheese on. Put the pan right back in the oven for a couple of minutes, or until the cheese has melted and turned a bit golden.

4. Serve hot from the oven. Once these babies cool, they are not nearly as good. They turn all mushy, and….a little bit slimy. You don’t want slimy vegetables on your hands now do you? Trust me on this one…eat them hot out of the oven and you’ll be a happy camper!

Enjoy! Happy Spring….!!!!!

March 23, 2011 at 2:46 pm

This is the ONLY way I can eat asparagus, and the only way I ever want to! It's that good!! Now I feel the need to run to Kroger after work and make this for dinner!:)

March 23, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Thanks for posting this. My girls love asparagas, but my son doesn't so I keep trying it different ways to see if he can find one he *likes*. Thanks!

March 24, 2011 at 2:27 am

Roasting really is the best way for most things! We make this recipe a lot except I usually sprinkle some feta cheese on top instead of the parm. Very yummy.

March 26, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I had never tried asparagus until about a year ago. My aunt had steamed some and it was really good. But this is the way I always make it. Delicious, quick and easy. And I bought some this week for 88cents a pound!

March 29, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Oh YUM!! I am in LOVE!!! I made this roasted asparagus and posted it on my blog. Thanks for sharing!

April 10, 2011 at 5:08 pm

I have asparagus in my fridge, I'll make them tonight. Is it a good idea to steam cook them a few minutes first? Ciao Sabrina

Libby
    April 25, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I have yet to find a way that I don’t like asparagus. But roasted is one of my favorite. Creamed like peas is also wonderful…. saute in butter, oh my.

Kismet
    February 19, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Squeeze some lemon over top at the end. Yummo

Tina
    February 24, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Love my asparagus this way, the only thing I do different is add minced garlic…Thanks for sharing this one!!