Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce and Bowtie Pasta

Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce and Bowtie Pasta

One of the main ingredients for this recipe (Philadelphia Cooking Cream) has been discontinued, dang it. I have made a new and improved recipe that uses regular cream cheese and basic pantry ingredients as a substitute. You can see the new recipe by clicking HERE. I am leaving this recipe live (as is) for those of you who stocked up on the cooking cream before it was discontinued.
Thanks!
Now enter…Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce and Pasta. It’s good. Really good! You can put this dinner together in just about 45 minutes.

Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce and Bowtie Pasta
Time: 45 minutes
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
3 large chicken breasts
5 C corn flakes
3/4 C flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 C milk
6 T olive oil
1   12 oz package bowtie noodles (farfalle)
Sauce:
1   10 oz container Philadelphia Cooking Cream (Italian Cheese and Herb Flavor)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 C chicken broth
1/2 C milk

fresh parsley, chopped (optional)

1. In a small food processor crush the corn flakes into crumbs.

2. Add the 1/2 t salt to the 3/4 C flour. Stir to combine.

3. Place the flour, milk and crushed cornflakes each into their own separate pan. Loaf pans work well for this. If you don’t have three loaf pans, do not dismay. You could use pie tins, or round cake pans…what ever works for you.

4. Place your chicken breasts in a gallon sized Ziploc bag and seal the top.
Pound the chicken flat with a meat mallet. You will really be thankful for the Ziploc bag in this step. Who wants a bunch of chicken guts flying around their kitchen? Not me…that’s who.

5. Take a pair of sharp kitchen scissors and cut each breast in half.

6. Dredge the chicken in the flour. Be sure it gets covered on both sides.

Lay the floured chicken onto a small cookie sheet and slide the sheet into the freezer. Let it hang out there for about 5 minutes.

7. Start cooking your pasta.
8. Remove the chicken from the freezer and dredge each piece in the milk……
…..and then immediately into the corn flake crumbs. Again, be sure both sides are covered well.

9. Add the olive oil to a hot skillet.
10. Carefully lay each chicken piece into the hot oil. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper. Cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes….

….or until the underside of each piece is nice and golden brown. Turn the pieces over. If the bottom of the pan is dry add just a bit more olive oil to the side of the pan. Swirl the pan around a bit to let the oil flow to all sides.

11. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium.  Let the chicken cook for about 7 more minutes, being careful not to burn the bottoms. Burned bottoms are not advised. In any shape or form. Thank you.
12. When your chicken has been cooked through remove it from the pan and place it on a plate. Cover with tin foil.
13. Into the same pan pour your broth.

Philly Cooking Creme,
Cream of Chicken,
and milk. Whisk the sauce around and let it get all warm and bubbly. Should only take about 3 minutes.

14. Slice your chicken into strips and serve over your cooked pasta and sauce. Garnish with chopped parsley if you choose.
Enjoy!

deanna
    May 2, 2014 at 11:41 am

Kraft’s Facebook page shows a substitution. 1 tub of cream cheese spread, 2 T of milk and 1 T of Italian seasoning. :)

sammy
    May 15, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Will heavy cream work instead and use 1 can of cream of chicken soup?

Kimberly
    May 22, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Hey! I had been making this recipe for a while and my family LOVES it! But, I do believe they have stopped making the Philly Cooking Cream…is there anything I can use to substitute that? I’m willing to try anything, lol! Thanks!

Sandy Burns
    June 18, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Help this is my favorite go to recipe. I went to go by the philly cooking sauce and was told they no longer make it. What can I use instead. Please help, this one of our favorites

June 20, 2014 at 9:17 am

Sandy,
      I was bummed when I found out they were discontinuing this product. I have been working on a recipe that turns out a great as this one, without the cooking cream. Hoping to post it soon. Thanks,

Kristina Warren
    July 31, 2014 at 2:06 am

Jamie, I am dying to make this recipe. I’m a beginner cook, so a little nervous… Did you ever find another recipe for the creamy Italian sauce? Please help. Thanks so much. Sounds so good!

Melissa
    September 14, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Hey Jamie! Hows that substitute recipe coming along? My family misses this meal on our monthly rotation. Can you help us out? :)

September 15, 2014 at 11:35 am

Melissa,
      Thanks for your reminder! I actually have it on the schedule this week…hoping to post it in the next couple of weeks.
      Thanks,

September 22, 2014 at 10:20 am

Melissa,
      Just wanted to let you know that I posted a new and improved Crispy Chicken with Italian Sauce and Bowties today, that has a substitution for the Philly Cooking Cream. You can see it at the following link…
      Thanks!

Deanna
    October 2, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Tried the new recipe today….it’s was even better than the original!!! My family thanks you for giving them back their favorite meal.

Mary
    July 17, 2015 at 1:03 pm

I just stumbled across your website. I made this and my family loved it. I hate cooking but your recipes make it very enjoyable, especially watching everyone enjoy the results.

Olga
    February 12, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Hi! I wanted to make this meal but I don’t have the Philadelphia Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Creme, What can I use to substitute this? Can anybody help me out?.. I really want to make this :/