So, my friends.
I have been getting a lot of requests lately.
Requests for “easy” dinner recipes.
Recipes that can be put together in a flash…
That taste pretty darn flashy as well.
And so I’m always thinking….
What should we make?
That is fast and flashy…
Then, it just so happened that I was attending a lovely
Mothers Day luncheon hosted by my dear sister in law Mary.
She made us these fabulous
Grilled Turkey and Swiss Sandwiches…
They were truly a delight.
Thinly sliced turkey…
Melted Swiss cheese….
with a tomato..
and a creamy sauce.
All grilled up to perfection
on two hearty slices of French Bread.
Does that sound like
No good reason, this side of Kentucky, that these sandwiches wouldn’t make a fabulous fast dinner.
Or a lovely ladies luncheon,
or a beautiful shower menu item,
or a Come on Over and I’ll Make You One Killer Sandwich….
The possibilities are endless, really.
I made some a couple of days ago for my tweener daughters
and all they could say was….
totally feel like we are
being served at a restaurant.”
Thank you. Thank you very much.
Was my reply.
My TeenSonMark took one look at these
beautiful sandwiches and said…
(Pause….Pause….inspecting the sandwich……)
S’that have some kind of sauce on it?
I don’t do sauce, Mom.”
Ok then. You win some, you loose some.
I hope these sandwiches don’t loose out on you!
Come on now.
Give them a go.
It’ll be a mighty fine show.
Would I lie to you?
Grilled Turkey and Swiss Sandwich
Time: 15 minutes (LOVE THAT!!!!)
Yield: 8 sandwiches
Recipe from my sister in law Mary Ehrhart
1 loaf french bread
1 1/2 – 2 pounds thinly sliced turkey
1 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
2 – 3 tomatoes
1 C mayonnaise
1 1/2 T stone ground mustard
1 1/2 T red onion, chopped fine
1 t dried thyme
Ingredients for the wonderful sauce.
Simple and fabulous!
(and fast…..please remember the fast.)
1. Chop up your red onion into tiny pieces. Throw it in a bowl with your mayonnaise and stone ground mustard.
2. Add your dried thyme and stir the sauce together until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Slice up your bread and tomatoes, and turn on your griddle. Just to medium high heat now. We don’t want to burn anything.
4. Spread a little bit of butter on one side of each piece of bread. Lay it butter side down on the griddle.
5. Cover the other side with the sauce,
then some cheese
and a couple of slices of tomato.
Layer on a nice thick stack of the turkey and
another slice of cheese.
6. Spread some of the tasty sauce on another one of your butter bread slices.
Lay that baby sauce-side-down onto the sandwich. (The side facing up should be buttered.)
7. Let that griddle to its work. Heat that sandwich through….
Flip it over when the bottom is golden brown. Let the sandwich get golden brown on it’s other side and leave time for both slices of cheese to melt.
8. Remove your sandwich from the griddle and cut it on the diagonal.
Serve it up and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for dropping by today.
Have a good one!
Pinterest friendly image below…