The winner of the Vintage Notions Book is
I will be contacting you shortly. Thanks to everyone who entered!
If you fave followed this family style
food blog for a while you may have noticed….
I don’t cook a lot of red meat.
you might say.
However I don’t make anything that calls for chicken and cookies in the same dish.
Didn’t want you to change the station or anything.
So when I need some new ideas and feel like branching out a bit
I have to say things like….
“Hey there, Shane and Tricia help a girl out would ya? I’m in a chicken rut…I need a little bit of beef.”
Then we might watch a parade or two together.
And chat about how funny our kids are….
and how they are getting
We might cheer for our scout loving friends
who pass by in the parade!!!!!!!!!
Love ya, Kristine!
And of course we’ll dance a little jig when a band passes by.
It’s good to have friends who enjoy a nice parade…
have great kids…
enjoy a card game or two….
like to laugh at my dumb jokes….
and have great beef recipes!
Those are really great qualities to have in a friend, ya know.
This Flank Steak is tender, juicy and melt in your mouth delicious.
Come on back tomorrow for a great EASY side dish that goes wonderfully with the steak.
Hope to see you then!
Hope to see you then!
Fabulous Grilled Flank Steak
Time: 5 min. prep + 3-24 hours to marinate + 15 min. grill time
Yield: 5 servings
Recipe from The Beautiful Tricia Toponce
2-3 pound flank steak
1 pkg. McCormick Meat Marinade
1/4 C oil
1 6 oz can pineapple juice (it will come in a 6 pack)
1 T water
5 T soy sauce
salt and pepper
This is the seasoning packet you will need. Hopefully you will have success finding it. I picked one up at my local Associated Food Store (Petersons…for those of you who live in the in my area.)
This is what a flank steak looks like
all rolled up in a tight little package.
Let’s make it!
1. Pour all the ingredients, but the flank steak into a 9 x 13 pan. Stir them together to combine.
2.Unwrap your flank steak, unroll it and lay it out flat into the saucy mixture.
3. Poke holes all over the top of the steak with a fork. Turn the steak over and poke holes in the other side.
3. Cover the pan and refrigerate for 3-24 hours. Turn the steak over several times during the refrigeration time.
4. Discard the marinade. Grill the steak over medium high heat for approximately 7 minutes on each side.
5. Let the steak sit for about 10 minutes, then slice it and serve.