Pumpkin Candy Cookies

Pumpkin Candy Cookies

Sometimes I dream about food.
Why I would admit to this, is a mystery to you and me both.
But there it is, regardless of how weird and crazy.
Food in my dreams.
Just billowing in and out of my subconscious.
Cookies, cake, pie….winner winner chicken dinner.
Anyhow, I had a little dream  about these cutsie pumpkin cookies.
I thought they would be fun.
I knew they would be seasonally appropriate! How nice.
I thought they would be sweet and rich.
I thought they would be mighty fine.

Especially if a cute little pumpkin got baked right into the center!
Wouldn’t that be just dandy.
And tasty!
They turned out great….and I only had to make two trial batches to get it just perfect. :)

Would you like to see how to make them?
I thought you might….
you and me, sugar.
Let’s make ‘em.
Pumpkin Candy Cookies
Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 48 cookies
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 C butter, softened
2 C brown sugar
2 eggs
2 T milk
2 t vanilla
3 1/2 C flour
1 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1  12 ounce package white chocolate chips
2 pounds candy pumpkins
1. Toss your butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla into your stand mixer, or into a large mixing bowl. Cream the ingredients together for about 3-4 minutes, or until light and fluffy.

2. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. Add it to the creamed mixture and mix until combined.

4. Pour in those lovely white chocolate chips, why don’t ya. Mix until combined.

5. Spray a  large cookie sheet with cookie spray. Now…we need to wrap our little pumpkins up inside some dough. Roll the dough into 2 inch balls.  Flatten each ball out on the cookie sheet and make a little bowl in the middle with your fingers.

6. Press the pumpkin into the little bowl.

Wrap the dough all around the little pumpkin. Be sure he’s all covered up, with no orange peeking through the dough.

“OrangePeekingThroughTheDough” is going to cause you a little bit of a mess. Nothing to cry buckets over. Just a little orange spillage, if you will.

So…just be sure the dough covers the pumpkin and you’ll be ready to rock and roll.

7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 9 minutes or until the cookies start to crack just a bit along the tops.

8. While the cookies are still hot from the oven, press a pumpkin into the center of each cookie. Let the cookies sit on the sheet for about 5 minutes.
9. Remove the cookies from the sheets and finish letting them cool them on a wire rack.

ENJOY!!!!!

Tidy Mom

For more great ideas visit

October 19, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I'm curious how these would taste with 1/2 C pumpkin and 1/2 C butter. Did you try using any pumpkin in the recipe? Just wondering . . . I absolutely love your website. You're the best!

October 19, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Is it white sugar or brown? Looks brown in the pictures but you didn't say. I love those candy pumpkins, can't wait to try these!

October 19, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Great looking little pumpkin treat! You have some of the best post evah!!!!! Great instructions and really fantastic beautiful pictures!

October 20, 2011 at 1:13 am

Jenn,
    Thanks for the heads up about the sugar mix up. The picture is correct, brown sugar is the thing you need. Thanks for asking. Hope they turn out great!

October 20, 2011 at 1:15 am

Heartwings,
    I'm not sure canned pumpkin would go with the taste of these cookies. If you try it let me know how it goes! Good luck!

October 21, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I am in LOVE with these cookies! L-O-V-E!!!

October 22, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Made them today and they are yummy. Thanks for the recipe!

October 23, 2011 at 9:25 pm

This isn't working for me, for some reason. The dough is SOOO sticky and I keep adding flour but it doesn't seem to be helping much.

October 24, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Hi Lindsey,
    Was your butter super soft…like almost melted?

October 25, 2011 at 4:31 pm

How would these taste with hershey's kisses???

October 26, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Anonymous,
    I think they would taste great with hershey kisses…however, I'm not sure what would happen if you put a kiss in the middle of the dough. I haven't ever tried that and don't know how the melting of it would be. Let me know if you try it and how they turn out!
    Thanks,

November 3, 2011 at 2:02 am

Ok, I'm loving everything!! I already pinned 2 recipes, and I'm sure I'll be back for more! I'd love for you to join my linky party every week on Wow Me Wednesdays!

Liz
    September 8, 2012 at 10:31 am

Do you bake the cookies with the pumpkin candy already in the dough or do you put it in after taking out from the oven. Love to try these. Thanks.

September 8, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Hi Liz,
      If you take a look at the instructions, you can see that there is one candy pumpkin baked intot he cookie and then one placed on top while the cookies are still warm from the oven. Hope you give them a try! :)

Hailey Owen
    September 11, 2012 at 7:04 pm

So I was wondering if you have even thought about putting actual pumpkin in this recipe, even with the white chocolate. You are the cookie expert, but it sounds tasty to me!

Jan Simpson
    September 13, 2012 at 8:52 pm

So cute – can’t wait to make them!

Tricia
    September 15, 2012 at 2:19 pm

What a cute little cookie. I had an idea while reading this that maybe a little candy corn would be easier to wrap up in the dough–same taste just not as much to try to get all covered. Also, I am curious if these would be ok w/out the pumpkin in the middle? Just bake the cookies and press the pumpkin in the top when they are done?
    Can’t wait to try these! thanks for the great idea/recipe!

September 17, 2012 at 6:30 am

Hi Tricia,
      I gave this recipe a couple of trial runs without the pumpkin in the middle, and they just weren’t as good. They need the flavor of the melted candy as well as the solid candy on the top. Good luck! Hope you love them.

Bridget
    September 19, 2012 at 6:32 pm

I think it is so funny that people ask you questions (what kind of sugar? Is there actually a candy pumpkin inside the cookie or just sitting on top?) instead of ACTUALLY bothering to read the instructions, and also that people keep suggesting changes to the recipe, which essentially makes them no longer “candy pumpkin cookies!” I think you’ve created a special little cookie here, and if people want something other than “candy pumpkin cookies,” then they need to look up a different recipe!
    Great job!

Marnie
    September 19, 2012 at 7:32 pm

So cute, Jamie! Thanks for sharing this one!

October 3, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Hello~This is my first visit to your blog. I must say you’ve got such beautifully illustrated recipes. I’ve enjoyed taking a peek at your previous posts. I look forward to visiting again.

Sweet wishes,
    Sara

tasha
    October 6, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Found you via pintersts; made these today. My dough was also very sticky, so I had to refrigerate it for a looong while. Also, my cookies were huge – maybe my pumpkins were big? If I make these again, I’ll probably use candy corn in the middle instead, in order to make the cookies smaller. (It takes a lot of dough to cover those pumpkins!). Also, my cookies never cracked and my pumpkins never melted in the middle. I think my dough always got too warm too quick during the rolling.

Nancy
    October 19, 2012 at 8:50 am

going to give this a try,grand kids love cookies hot out of the oven,and this looks like one they will enjoy making with me.

Zombiesammich
    October 31, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I made these and they turned out beautiful but they were way too sweet x___x is there a way to make them less sweet? Maybe reducing the pumpkin candies to one per cookie or using a different type of chocolate chips rather than the white?

Sew Tyed up
    March 1, 2013 at 7:01 am

You could cut the pumpkins in half and wrap them in the dough. It might make it easier to cover them. They look yum thanks for sharing.

Carol E
    August 23, 2013 at 1:41 pm

I just made these and they’re delightful! My family just loves them. I think this recipe will be used for many Autumns to come! Thanks for sharing it!

Jo
    September 29, 2013 at 1:28 pm

I just made these cookies for a church picnic and everyone loved them! Thank you for sharing this recipe! Also, I have been looking all over for dinnerware like yours. Where did you find it?

September 30, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Jo,
      Not sure if you are referring to the plates in this post or others that you see here on the site. The plates pictured in this post were bought at Ross. Good luck!
      ~Jmaie