Pumpkin Fudge

Pumpkin Fudge

I’m giving two knife sets away, because I love ya.
And because my blog is 2 years old this week.
Happy Monday, everyone!
I have a lot of great recipes to share with you this week,
and will be posting everyday for the next five days.
It will be a theme week of sorts.
The occasion?
Well…..I just can’t seem to get pumpkin out of my mind.
I love the stuff this time of year!
And though there are already quite a few heavenly pumpkin recipes on this site, I am still finding myself with leftover canned pumpkin in my fridge on a regular basis lately.
And so I have for you…
All of this weeks recipes use pumpkin! If you hate pumpkin…wow. I’m really sorry, and hope you’ll find it in your heart to forgive me and come back next week when I’ve got this pumpkin fascination out of my system. Thanks for your cooperation.
For those of you who will hang around with me….you’ll be seeing recipes that range from quick and (kind of) healthy, cute and clever, easy kid loving hearty, and will even include a show stopping dessert.

Hope you will join me all week long!

I’ve had this Pumpkin Fudge, from my friend
Laura’s Real Mom Kitchen blog on my list to make for a couple of years now. PUMPKIN FUDGE!!! Seriously. It tastes like the essence of fall. It does require a candy thermometer and about 15 minutes of stirring. If you are up for that….you are going to be in love with this tasty fall treat. Let’s make it!
Pumpkin Fudge
1/2 C canned pumpkin
2 T corn syrup
1 t pumpkin pie spice
12 ounce pkg. white chocolate chips
7  ounce jar marshmallow cream
1 t vanilla
1. Line a 9×9 pan with tin foil and spray it with cooking spray.

2. Into a small hot skillet pour the teaspoon of olive oil. Once the oil is hot add you pecans…

and sprinkle them with some freshly ground salt.

3. Let the pecans toast over medium high heat, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or until the nuts turn a darker color.

4. Put your butter into a medium sized sauce pan. Melt it over medium high heat. Add the evaporated milk….

the canned pumpkin….

corn syrup…

sugar

and pumpkin pie spice.

5. Stir the mixture to combine. Bring it to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Cook and continue to stir until it comes to 234 degrees or to the soft ball stage. Once it comes to a boil, it should take about 15 minutes to reach the correct temperature.

6. Remove it from the heat and quickly….QUICKLY! add the marshmallow cream….

white chocolate, vanilla and toasted pecans. Stir them all together to combine.

7. Pour the fudge into the 9×9 pan.

8. Let the fudge cool for at least 2 hours. Cut and serve! Store leftovers, covered tightly in the fridge.

October 17, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Isn't that fudge the best! I am also doing pumpkin week this week. However, my site was hacked again yesterday! Hopefully I can have it back up by Wednesday. Can't wait to see what all you have for pumpkin week!

October 17, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Hello there YUMMINESS!!! – Pumpkin Fudge sounds SO good! I definitely will be putting this on my list to make. AND I'm so excited for your pumpkin recipes all week long! I just adore your recipes Jaime! :-)

October 17, 2011 at 5:28 pm

yes yes yes, a whole pumpkin week! I just picked up a handfull of pie pumpkins and am making my own puree, so much fun!

October 17, 2011 at 5:37 pm

I love pumpkin recipes! This fudge sounds great! Can't wait to try it:)

October 17, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Is it just me or is the link to your giveaway broken? All I get is an error message. ; (

Thanks for the week's worth of pumpkin recipes! We can't get enough of those around here. YAY! Can't wait.

October 17, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Hi Lynn,
    Thanks for the heads up. I think I have it fixed now if you want to check the link again.
    Have a good one!

October 18, 2011 at 12:32 am

I looooove pumpkin and this fudge looks so YUMMY!! :P
    Thanks!

October 18, 2011 at 3:15 am

Bless you! This is exactly what I have been dreaming of making this fall season. I am making this tomorrow!! YUM Thanks Jamie for another great recipe :)

October 19, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Oh, I so have to make this. This sounds amazing. I love your blog. It has definitely inspired me try new recipes.

October 23, 2011 at 9:31 pm

This is so amazing!! Like your favorite creamy fudge and a smooth pumpkin pie had a baby!! My mouth is still singing! Thanks!

October 26, 2011 at 9:34 pm

i just made this today. it is yummy!! it is very rich and after one bite i was done =) which is good because then i don't eat the whole pan myself. i used almonds instead of pecans and it was good =)

Melanie
    September 27, 2012 at 4:34 pm

just made this recipe cant wait to try it!

October 6, 2012 at 6:33 pm

I am actually cooking the Chicken Gnocchi Soup as I type… I stumbled across this and saved it for when we will make fudge. Yummy looks soooooo good. Thanks!!

February 8, 2014 at 4:35 am

I will be motivated and do the best that I can. Same with my eaintg. I made Blonde Ponytail’s no-bake peanut butter protein bars yesterday as a snack for this week. I brought healthy snacks and salad ingredients. I can complain

October 6, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Thank you for posting this recipe, it’s delicious!! Yes, they do say Fall.

Amber
    November 6, 2012 at 9:03 am

My fudge does not have the texture that yours appears to have. Your fudge looks creamy and smooth and mine came out slightly sugery and has a very rough texture. Did I overcook it and not stir it enough to combine the last ingredients? I did cook it to soft ball. Any idea’s how I might improve it? The flavor is delicious even though the texture is off. I can’t quit eating it!

Marilyn
    December 17, 2013 at 12:15 pm

So delicious – everyone
    I have given this to absolutely loves it – the toasted nuts add a great flavor!

Sarah
    September 28, 2014 at 12:47 pm

I can’t wait to try this!

September 28, 2014 at 4:45 pm

I love pumpkin! Here are my pumpkin recipes.

Heather
    September 29, 2014 at 11:13 pm

What is the purpose of the marshmallow fluff? It’s so full of chemicals. can it be omitted or something else used in its place?