Roasted Root Vegetables

Roasted Root Vegetables

Interested in winning $100 Visa Gift Card?
Click here to read about the GE Cafe Appliance Progressive Meal and enter.

I’ve got a wonderful, simple side dish for you today.
Yams, potatoes, carrots and onions are chopped, coated with olive oil, some simple seasoning and then roasted in the oven.
The end result is flavorful, hearty and delicious…
a great addition to any fall meal.
I hope you try some today!
These Roasted Root Vegetables are fabulous with

Roasted Root Vegetables
Time: 15 minutes prep + 30-40 minutes baking
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 medium sized yam
4 red potatoes
3 large carrots
1 medium onion
3-4 T olive oil
salt and pepper
Montreal Steak Seasoning

1. Peel and chop all of your veggies.

2. Spread them out evenly on a large cookie sheet, or jelly roll pan.
3. Pour the olive oil over the top of the veggies.

4. Sprinkle with freshly ground salt and pepper.

5. Add some Montreal Steak Seasoning.

6. Using two spoons, toss the vegetables making sure they are all evenly coated with the olive oil and seasonings.
7. Bake at 350 degrees until the vegetables are crisp tender, should take about 30-40 minutes.
Enjoy!

November 4, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Yum that looks so good Jamie. I can't wait to try this.

November 4, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I love roasted root vegetables. Thanks for this recipe.

November 5, 2011 at 12:37 am

Trying this tonight! (minus the yam, because I don't have one) It looks great!

November 5, 2011 at 1:58 am

I love roasting vegetables. I don't even use oil, I just roast them dry and they come out tasting delicious.

November 5, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Your pictures and recipes look so tasty and fun. I just pinned some of them to Pinterest. Thanks for a great blog!

November 5, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Yummy! I've done this a lot using onion soup mix before but never thought to use the Montreal Steak seasoning (love it, it's a staple in our house)..great idea! and I bet awesome flavor!
    I usually just toss everything in a big zip lock bag (veggies, oil, seasoning), shake it around a bit (my son loves this part) until everything is coated and then dump it onto the pan.

November 5, 2011 at 7:54 pm

A wonderful side dish, so good for you AND delicious – it's a win, win
    Mary x

November 5, 2011 at 11:27 pm

I make this all the time during the winter! I use Italian seasonal and it's delicious. It also works with sweet potatoes and butternut squash!

November 23, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I par boil the potatoes and carrots and parsnips..after I have quartered the potatoes and parsnips. I put all veggies..including all colored bell peppers, red onion, asparagas and large mushrooms in the top large plastic cover of a tin foil roasting pan…and season them this way..then arrange them on a jelly roll pan..we make them for many guests..you can use so many root veggies..it is a grand dish

February 28, 2012 at 2:22 am

Perfect side dish! Loved the yam in it! 🙂

Laurie
    September 9, 2012 at 7:33 pm

Did you use a gadget to chop your veggies?

September 10, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Hi Laurie,
      Here is a link to the chopper I use, love it, by the way. I use it all the time.

chopper

Laurie
    September 20, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Awesome! Thank you so much!

June 15, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I absolutely love your blog and find many of your post’s to be just what I’m looking for.
    Do you offer guest writers to write content available for you?
    I wouldn’t mind creating a post or elaborating on a few of the subjects you write related to here. Again, awesome weblog!

Stacy Sanchez
    August 30, 2013 at 11:26 am

Yummy!!! I’m so excited to try some of these awesome recipes. I did the Creamy Chicken Alfredo bake the other night and my family loved it! So delicious, thank you for sharing your talent with us,

Lisa
    December 12, 2014 at 9:54 am

I LOVE your site!!! HUGE question. I am cooking this for a family Christmas dinner and want to double the recipe. After I cook the first batch will it be ok to keep it in a crock pot (on low) or will that keep cooking them? I wanted to transfer them to the party in the crock pot because that is the only thing I have a (warm cover) for TIA.

December 15, 2014 at 9:04 am

Lisa,
      I think transferring them to a crock pot is a great idea, however I would keep in on the “warm” setting so it they don’t over cook. Best of luck!