Fluffy Chocolate Truffles

Fluffy Chocolate Truffles

Oh me, oh my.
It’s the holiday season.
And you might want to make a little
goodie
or two.
Or twenty.
To share or give, or eat your self.
(Don’t eat twenty, I hear it can cause sudden death)
 And so I thought since it’s the treat making season extraordinaire…
I best give you a
new Christmas Treat recipe
or two.
Or how about
EIGHT?
And eight Christmas Treat recipes it is…a new one posted each day, one right after the other this week and part of next
(with a break on Sunday).
Hope you’ll find something to enjoy!

MyDearMother has been making these Fluffy Chocolate Truffles for as long as I can remember.
They are light, creamy and delicious.
And the best part?
You only need three ingredients to make them.
Let’s do it!
Fluffy Chocolate Truffles
Time: 20 minutes hands on + 3 hours freezing
Yield: 20 truffles
Recipe from MyDearMother
2 C crushed Nilla wafers
1 large (7 ounce) Hershey Bar
1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip

Just look at these pretty little VERY SIMPLE ingredients.
Have you ever seen them at your grocery store…?
Thought so!
1. Break up the chocolate bar and place it into a medium sized microwave safe bowl.

2. Melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate and return it to the microwave. Heat it again for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until the chocolate is smooth and melted.

3. Add the cool whip to the melted chocolate.

4. Stir well with a wooden spoon until both ingredients are well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours.

5. In a small food processor grind the nilla wafers into fine crumbs, and then pour the crumbs into a small bowl.

6. Use a spoon the scrape some of the frozen chocolate out of the bowl.

7. Use a spoon to roll the chocolate ball around in the crumbs.

8. Place the truffles onto a tray lined with wax paper. Cover and store them in the freezer.

Enjoy!

For a complete list of Holiday Treats
click HERE

If you are interested in these
Free Printable Christmas Tags
click
HERE.

Have a great day!

December 5, 2011 at 2:24 pm

yum! I don't think it would make it off the spoon without a detour to my mouth! ;) I have a great tip for shaping truffles…I use a melon ball scoop instead of a spoon to spoon the yumminess out of the bowl. Works great! Can't wait to see what other goodies you have in store this week!! :)

December 5, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I remember making this recipe years ago! It is wonderful! The only difference was that you rolled the chocolate into balls and then into your choice of graham cracker crumbs, shredded coconut, finely chopped nuts or cocoa powder. I think having it on a spoon to roll in the crumbs would be way less messy!

December 5, 2011 at 5:56 pm

I remember making these in high school cooking! I'm excited to try them again, thanks for posting!

December 5, 2011 at 6:51 pm

We do not have Nila wafers? I have never heard of them, what could be an equivalent biscuit/wafer???

February 8, 2014 at 4:53 am

I LOVE CRUMBS. There are quite a few in NYC now, but I used to work just an avenue away from one AND from Magnolia bakrey… let’s just say, we ate cupcakes A LOT. Crumbs makes huge cupcakes (I love the Oreo one!) and they also make mini ones, too. AMAZING.

December 5, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Ymmmm!! This look fabulous. I think they'd look great in a Christmas goodie basket but since it says store in freezer I'm assuming they'd be difficult to transport long distance? Recommendations?

December 5, 2011 at 7:57 pm

OMG so easy, and delish I bet. Great idea.

December 5, 2011 at 8:23 pm

They look so yummy! I'm going to make these with the kids!

December 6, 2011 at 1:44 am

My husband's family makes these every year, but they don't freeze the chocolate. I love that idea–makes it easier to shape. I also found piping (when warm) through a large opening into a swirly shape works as well. Then sprinkle with the Nilla crumbs. You can also sprinkle with candy cane crumbs, toffee crumbs, or other yummy treats!

February 7, 2014 at 7:57 pm

Love Crumbs! They have the most amazing Red Velvet cueackps. I used to work a few block from their Bryant Park location (dangerous)- it’s a good thing there are a couple thousand miles between me and temptation now ;) If you hit NYC, try Magnolia Bakery- they started the cupcake craze way back when…

December 6, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Anonymous,
    Depending on how far you have to go…I would think with the cold weather if you packed them in a gladware container (adding some wax paper between layers of the truffles)and then kept them in a cooler with ice, they should be just fine. Good luck!

December 6, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Jeanette,
    Graham Cracker crumbs would work as well. Good luck!