Oh me, oh my.
It’s the holiday season.
And you might want to make a little
To share or give, or eat your self.
(Don’t eat twenty, I hear it can cause sudden death)
And so I thought since it’s the treat making season extraordinaire…
I best give you a
new Christmas Treat recipe
Or how about
And eight Christmas Treat recipes it is…a new one posted each day, one right after the other this week and part of next
(with a break on Sunday).
Hope you’ll find something to enjoy!
MyDearMother has been making these Fluffy Chocolate Truffles for as long as I can remember.
They are light, creamy and delicious.
And the best part?
You only need three ingredients to make them.
Let’s do it!
Fluffy Chocolate Truffles
Time: 20 minutes hands on + 3 hours freezing
Yield: 20 truffles
Recipe from MyDearMother
2 C crushed Nilla wafers
1 large (7 ounce) Hershey Bar
1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
Just look at these pretty little VERY SIMPLE ingredients.
Have you ever seen them at your grocery store…?
1. Break up the chocolate bar and place it into a medium sized microwave safe bowl.
2. Melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir the chocolate and return it to the microwave. Heat it again for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
3. Add the cool whip to the melted chocolate.
4. Stir well with a wooden spoon until both ingredients are well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours.
5. In a small food processor grind the nilla wafers into fine crumbs, and then pour the crumbs into a small bowl.
6. Use a spoon the scrape some of the frozen chocolate out of the bowl.
7. Use a spoon to roll the chocolate ball around in the crumbs.
8. Place the truffles onto a tray lined with wax paper. Cover and store them in the freezer.
For a complete list of Holiday Treats
Have a great day!