Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Bars

Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Bars

Good Monday to you.
And you.
And you there, with the teeny tiny chocolate addiction.
I made a little something just for you. It’s full of chocolate flavor, rich, smooth as velvet and melt in your mouth delightful.
Would you care for a bite?
Or two!
I thought you might. And how about your sweetheart? They might enjoy having some as well, seeing that Valentines Day is just around the corner and rich smooth chocolate desserts go well with that particular holiday, don’t you think?
I had a little hunch you just might agree with such a notion. You and I think alike. People bearing an addiction to CHOCOLATE
…we have to stick together you know.

Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Bars
Time: 15 min. prep + 60 min. baking + overnight refrigeration
Yield: One 9×13 pan, cut as small or large as you like
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
***NOTE: This cheesecake recipe can also be made in a 9 or 10 inch spring form pan, if you have one and that kind of thing is your kind of thing. :)

Crust:
30 Oreos
1/3 C melted butter

Filling:
4  (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 C sugar
2 t vanilla
1 C sour cream
4 eggs
2 C semi sweet chocolate chips, melted

1. Crush 30 oreos in a small food processor until they are nothing but crumbs.
2. Pour the crumbs into a medium sized bowl and pour 1/3 cup melted butter over the top. Mix them around with a wooden spoon to combine.

3. Line a 9×13 pan with tin foil and then spray it with cooking spray. Pour the crumbs into the pan and press them to the bottom with a spoon.

4. Place 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese into your stand mixer, or large mixing bowl. Beat the cream cheese until nice and smooth.

5. Add 1 cup of sugar and mix until combined.

6. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla

and 1 cup sour cream. Mix well to incorporate, about 2 minutes should do it.

7. Add the incredible edible eggs one at a time, mixing just until each egg is incorporated.

8. Pour about 1 1/2 cups of the cheesecake batter out into a separate container.

9. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each interval.

10. Pour the melted chocolate into the remaining cheesecake batter and mix until combined.

11. Pour the chocolate cheesecake batter out onto your crust

and smooth it around with a knife.

12. Drop the plain cheesecake batter in twelve different spots along the top of the chocolate batter.

13. Run a knife through both batters to create a marble effect.

14. Pour warm water into a separate 9×13 pan and stick it on the lower rack of your oven. Place the cheesecake pan on the middle rack and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. When done baking the cheesecake will get darker around the edges, than it does in the middle. It will also still giggle, (excuse me) jiggle a bit in the center, don’t worry about it. It will continue to cook a bit while it is cooling.
15. Take the finished cheesecake out of the oven and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
16. Cover the top with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.

February 6, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I just love how you said it will “giggle” a bit in the center :)
    Looks amazing – if only my sweet hubby didn't eat all the oreos yesterday :p

February 6, 2012 at 6:42 pm

CShipe,
    Thanks for your tip. :) I need an editor…

February 6, 2012 at 7:21 pm

This looks amazing! Great pictures too!

February 6, 2012 at 7:30 pm

I love that white plate…but I want more to eat what's on it!

February 7, 2012 at 12:47 am

I asked for and received a spring form pan for Christmas but have not used it yet. Now I know what is going to be my first cheesecake baked in it. Thanks.

February 7, 2012 at 12:27 pm

They really are beautiful to look at and I'm sure they are beautiful to eat too!
    Mary x

February 7, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Oh. My. God. This looks amazing! I'm dying!

XO,
    Erin

February 13, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Recipe looks great!

So this is a stupid question, but I'm assuming you DON'T include the Oreo cream filling, just the chocolate cookie part of the Oreo.

February 13, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Anonymous,
      That's not a stupid question at all. One that I had rolling around in my mind for several years before I made my own oreo crust for the first time as well. You actually do leave the filling in the cookies. Just toss them in your small food processor and they'll get all blended up with the cookies.
      Good luck! Hope you love the cheesecake bars.

Karen E
    February 15, 2012 at 4:06 am

Fantastic recipe….I used 2 pkgs light cream cheese & 2 regular, then light sour cream. It was SO tasty….lots of requests for recipes. :)

March 13, 2012 at 12:09 am

Looks delicious. One question, it might be a stupid one but I'm from Brazil and I didn't understand if each package of cream cheese contains 8 ounce or if the total cream cheese in this recipe is 8 ounce.

Thanks!

March 13, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Hi Alice,
      How nice to hear from someone so far away! Each package of cream cheese has 8 ounces in it. Meaning you need 32 ounces of cream cheese total. Good luck to you!

March 16, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Thanks Jamie!!

Alice

Jan
    March 31, 2012 at 10:15 pm

jamie,

This looks divine! Could I used parchment paper instead of the foil?

April 3, 2012 at 4:18 am

Parchment paper would work very well. Good luck! Hope you love it.

Sue
    May 31, 2014 at 5:48 pm

These bars are the bomb! I’ve gotten several requests for the recipe. Will definitely bake them again.

Lisa
    June 1, 2014 at 1:46 pm

If I make it the night before, it’s ok to sit in the fridge all night and all the next day until I serve it in the evening, right? Meaning, it’s okay to leave it in the fridge for 24 hours before I serve it? Thanks. LOVE all your recipes!!!

June 2, 2014 at 5:56 am

Lisa,
      Turns out, this fabulous dessert is even better if it sits in the fridge overnight. :) Best of luck to you! Hope you love it.

Ana Marrero
    June 8, 2014 at 7:59 pm

I made it for my son birthday and was really delicious. I love this recipe and the method you use to show us the preparation in each one. I’m from Puerto Rico. Thanks!