SocialBoost 728×90 ATF

Spring Bon Bon Pops

Spring Bon Bon Pops

A little something fun AND cute AND tasty for you today, my friends. Because I know some of you like to make fun things when a holiday is approaching.

These bon bon pops are a little bit different than the cake pops that are so popular these days. The filling is made with crushed oreos and cream cheese. Yum. Super yum, in fact. And much easier than baking a cake to make cake balls with.

Once you have the pops made you could turn them into a fun little centerpiece for your Easter Dinner Table…

Or you could put the pops into a little pot, wrap it with celephane and give it as a gift. They would also make cute place setting favors for your Easter Dinner guests. Lots of possabilites with these little cuties. 🙂

Let’s make them, shall we?
Spring Bon Bon Pops
Time: 20 minutes hands on + 40 minutes freezing time
Yeild: 35 pops
Recipe idea from a dear reader

Bon Bon Pops:
1 (15.5 ounce) package Golden Oreos
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (12 ounce) package yellow candy melts
1 (12 ounce) package pink candy melts
Pastel Sprinkles
sucker sticks of various sizes
Styrofoam
Optional Items:
Basket
Jelly Beans
Ribbon
Little Clay Pots

1. Take one package of Golden Oreos, open it up and toss the cookies into your stand mixer, or into a large mixing bowl.

2. Add a package of cream cheese to the cookies and mix until the cookies are crushed and well combined with the cream cheese.

3. Place the mixture into a freezer safe container, seal it well and pop it into the freezer for about 20 minutes.

4. Once the filling has hardened up in the freezer a bit, scoop it into small balls and put them in a 9×13 pan that has been lined with parchment paper.

5. Roll the balls around in the palm of your hand to make them nice and smooth.

6. Stick a sucker stick into the center of each ball and place the pan back in the freezer for 20 minutes.

7. Take a piece of styrofoam or two

and cover the top of them with parchment paper. This will give you a nice spot to stick the bon bon pops after they have been dipped in the candy coating and need somewhere to be propped up so they candy can set up. Putting the parchment paper over the top of the styrofoam will keep it nice and clean so you can use it again.

8. Pour the yellow candy melts into a bowl and heat them in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one, until the candy melts are melted and nice and smooth. Repeat with the Pink Candy Melts.

9. Dip the oreo ball pops into the melted candy coating.

Let some of the coating drip off of the oreo ball and back into the bowl.

10. Stick the bon bon pop into the styrofoam and put a few pretty sprinkles on the top.

11. You can also drizzle the opposite color of candy coating over the top to make them look pretty.
12. Let the bon bon pops set up, should take about 15 minutes.

13. Once they have set up you can lay them flat in a pan and store them in the fridge until you are ready to serve them.

14. When you are ready to serve these cute little babies you might cut yourself a small piece of styrofoam

pop it into a small clay pot

then stick a few bon bon pops into the pot and cover the stirophome with jelly beans. These would be fun to use as part of your Easter table decor. You could even use them as place cards by writing your guests name on the pot, or on a little card you attach to the pot. Just an idea. 🙂

14. For a larger display, cut the styrofoam to fit in a basket and stick the pops into it. Cover the styrofoam with jelly beans…

and Vwalla! There you have yourself a lovely bon bon pop basket of fun and wonder. 🙂

Enjoy!

April 4, 2012 at 5:24 pm

what a cute idea..and a tasty one too.;)

April 4, 2012 at 10:01 pm

They're absolutely adorable, Jamie! Happy Spring to you!!

April 5, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Those are super cute!

April 5, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I just wanted to let you know that I gave you the “Sunshine Award” on my blog, posted at http://scrapbookingez.blogspot.com/2012/04/sunshine-award-my-10-fav-blogs.html. Your blog is one of my all time favorites! Thanks for all your amazing posts and everything you share. Have a wonderful Easter!

April 7, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Thank you for the wonderful recipe ideas – I've gotten into a rut in the dinner department and you have given me the inspiration to expand my horizon!

April 8, 2012 at 4:12 am

I would love to make this but I can't handle the sweets od candy melt. Can someone suggest what can I use

April 8, 2012 at 4:48 pm

You could also use melted chocolate instead of the candy melt ( in response to comment above.. )

I love these!

April 9, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Thank You So Much! My 14-year-old daughter and I had lots of fun making these. We did one batch exactly as directed, and then a second batch using E.L.Fudge cookies instead of the golden oreos. They were a huge hit at our extended family easter egg hunt party! Some people liked the golden oreo ones better, and some like the elf ones better. Definitely going to make again!

February 7, 2014 at 10:20 pm

Hi Pops, Wow 800 followers thats brilailnt shows how popular you are and l’m not surprised as your creations are so inspiring and its great to know you give advise too as l have had in the pass about skin colouring which helped me a lot, thank you for a chance to win this wonderful candy:)x

April 9, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Hi! I love these and they could also be a great desert for a baby shower for Ana, my future niece. However, here in Guatemala I don't think I can find the candy melts. What else, besides chocolate that was suggested by Melissa, could I use, because of the colors so beautiful!

Thanks

February 11, 2015 at 4:35 pm

You should be a paret of a contest for one of the greatest sites online.

I am going to recommend this blog!

May 15, 2015 at 11:46 pm

It’s vsry trouble-free to find out any topic on web ass compared
    to books, as I found this post at this web page.

May 17, 2015 at 12:28 am

After I initially commented I appear to hawve clicked the
    -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now whenever a
    cmment is added I receive four emails with tthe same
    comment. There has to be an easy method you aree able to remove
    me from that service? Thanks a lot!

May 26, 2015 at 7:17 am

Dick,
      If you go to the post that you checked the “subscribe to new comments” box on, there should be a box you can check titled “unsubscribe”. Click that box and it should take care of the issue for you.
      Best of luck!