Do you like easy recipes?
Don’t even answer. I know you love easy recipes. I know it, I know it. Sure as the grass is green.
Do you feel shameless and fabulous when you use cream of chicken soup?
Me too, I have 2 cases full of the stuff in my basement.
Do you enjoy making dinner and having your family pass out cold, due to the tastiness of your creation?
Children who have passed out into a cold heap, are really quiet. At least for a minute or two. That’s nice to dream about, isn’t it. Wonder what I could get done with a couple of quiet minutes on my hands.
Could you, at any time…now or in the future enjoy a recipe with only 6 ingredients that tastes divine.
I’m not pulling your leg here. Six tasty ingredients is all it takes for this recipe.
Would you like to read about the recipe now?
I thought you might.
I left it for you below.
Scroll on down now…
Hurry right along before I think of some more crazy things to say.
Italian Cream Cheese Chicken
Time: 15 min. prep + 4 1/2 or 7 1/2 hours cooking time
Yield: 6-8 servings
Recipe from the fabulous, softball player of wonder…Pam Slade
***NOTE: This recipe also works wonderfully served over white rice, instead of pasta.***
1 (.07 ounce) package Good Seasons Zesty Italian Dressing Mix
1/2 C butter, melted
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen with no trouble at all…love that)
4 ounces cream cheese
2 (10.5 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine noodles
1. Grab your self one package of Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix.
Melt 1/2 cup butter in the microwave and then add the dressing packet to the butter. Stir it around a bit to combine.
2. Place 4 chicken breasts in your crock pot and pour the butter/seasoning mixture over the top of the chicken. Cover the crock pot of wonder and let the old girl cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 7. Your crock pot may cook a little bit slower or faster than mine…adjust accordingly.
3. When your chicken is no longer pink in the center, remove it to a plate and shred it up with two forks.
4. To the crock pot and it’s wonderful juices, add 4 ounces of cream cheese
and 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.
5. Pop a fork into the pot and stir it all together until smooth.
6. Place the shredded chicken back into the crock pot, give it a nice stir,
cover it and let it cook on high for about 20 minutes, or until the soup and cream cheese are heated through.
7. Boil yourself some nice water and cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Serve the pasta with the yummy chicken mixture on top.