Italian Cream Cheese Chicken (Crock Pot)

Italian Cream Cheese Chicken (Crock Pot)

Do you like easy recipes?
Don’t even answer. I know you love easy recipes. I know it, I know it. Sure as the grass is green.

Do you feel shameless and fabulous when you use cream of chicken soup?
Me too, I have 2 cases full of the stuff in my basement.

Do you enjoy making dinner and having your family pass out cold, due to the tastiness of your creation?
Children who have passed out into a cold heap, are really quiet. At least for a minute or two. That’s nice to dream about, isn’t it. Wonder what I could get done with a couple of quiet minutes on my hands.

Could you, at any time…now or in the future enjoy a recipe with only 6 ingredients that tastes divine.
I’m not pulling your leg here. Six tasty ingredients is all it takes for this recipe.

Would you like to read about the recipe now?
I thought you might.
I left it for you below.
Scroll on down now…
Hurry right along before I think of some more crazy things to say. :)

Italian Cream Cheese Chicken
Time: 15 min. prep + 4 1/2 or 7 1/2 hours cooking time
Yield: 6-8 servings
Recipe from the fabulous, softball player of wonder…Pam Slade

***NOTE: This recipe also works wonderfully served over white rice, instead of pasta.***

1 (.07 ounce) package Good Seasons Zesty Italian Dressing Mix
1/2 C butter, melted
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen with no trouble at all…love that)
4 ounces cream cheese
2 (10.5 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
1 (12 ounce) package fettuccine noodles

1. Grab your self one package of Zesty Italian Salad Dressing Mix.
Melt 1/2 cup butter in the microwave and then add the dressing packet to the butter. Stir it around a bit to combine.
2. Place 4 chicken breasts in your crock pot and pour the butter/seasoning mixture over the top of the chicken. Cover the crock pot of wonder and let the old girl cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 7. Your crock pot may cook a little bit slower or faster than mine…adjust accordingly.
3. When your chicken is no longer pink in the center, remove it to a plate and shred it up with two forks.
4. To the crock pot and it’s wonderful juices, add 4 ounces of cream cheese
and 2 cans of cream of chicken soup.
5. Pop a fork into the pot and stir it all together until smooth.
6. Place the shredded chicken back into the crock pot, give it a nice stir,

cover it and let it cook on high for about 20 minutes, or until the soup and cream cheese are heated through.
7. Boil yourself some nice water and cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Serve the pasta with the yummy chicken mixture on top.

Enjoy!

May 29, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Kids are also pretty quiet when they're eating. So, post pass out, this recipe is still a winner.

May 29, 2012 at 1:08 pm

This is one of my “go to” recipes. But I just plunk the butter in the bottom of the crock pot, add the chicken and sprinkle my dressing over the top. Also works great with ranch dressing, not just italian.

May 29, 2012 at 1:42 pm

We also love it over rice. I love the idea of trying it with ranch Jen. YUM!

May 29, 2012 at 4:29 pm

We love this recipe! I usually just skip the butter, though. I've never noticed a difference with/without it.

May 29, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I have cooked something similar for years . . . I actually use a whole chicken and it works wonderfully (and it's cheaper)!!! I mix my dressing into 1/2 c. of sherry and pour it over the chicken. After cooking all day, I pull the chicken out of the crockpot and put a brick of cream cheese (all cubed up) into the juices. While the cream cheese is melting, I pull all the meat off and throw it back into the pot. Yum, yum, yum!!!

May 29, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Wow! This sounds amazing!!!

May 29, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I cook something just like this but I use water instead of butter. What have I been doing??? Also my recipe does not say to shred and mix everything together. It just says to add the cream cheese and soup to the top and cook longer. I am definitely going to try it this way next time.

May 29, 2012 at 6:34 pm

What size is your crockpot? I have a large 6 qt. We are now just 2, so I wonder if I should get a small one, or know that because of my size, it will all just cook faster? What do ya think? denisecott@yahoo.com
    BTW: I hope your recovery is complete and you are feeling great !!

May 29, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Hello there,
      Large crock pots do indeed cook faster when there aren't many ingredients inside. I have a 7 quart that I love, but I am feeding a crowd most of the time. A smaller crock pot may be just the thing for you.
      PS…feeling great, thanks for asking. :)

Demaroge
    May 29, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I make something almost like this! I call it Church Chicken because we used to make it at church for the new members' dinner. The recipe I used omits the butter and includes one or two cans of “button” mushrooms. I find that I must stir up the cream cheese well so there won't be little lumps of cream cheese in it later so I remove the chicken. I serve the breasts one per plate….not shredded. (I personally omit the mushrooms just because I don't care for them.)

Here are some great additions: broccoli, onion, spinach, tomatoes, bell pepper either sauteed or lightly steamed. Add in one or all. If you add a lot make sure to make some extra sauce. It is also really good served with rice.

May 29, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Your photos are marvelous! Love this recipe. I wish I could email it to myself but don't see a way to do that. I pinned it so I won't lose it though.

May 30, 2012 at 8:22 pm

There is a button at the end of the post that looks like an envelope so you can email it to yourself. :)

May 29, 2012 at 11:37 pm

This looks wonderful! Thanks for making me smile! I love your cute little glass measuring cup!

May 30, 2012 at 3:46 am

This is one of my family's favorites & my 11 year old son has decided to make it Thursday night for his first solo dinner making experience. Thanks for your humor & terrific recipes!

October 18, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I was clicking through here tonight looking for a quick recipe for tonight’s dinner and came across this. It seemed simple enough – although over here in sunny ol’ England we don’t have the Italian Seasoning Mix, so I whipped up my own. I made it on the stove top in around 15 minutes flat and my husband and I stared in amazement as my two year old (who absolutely does NOT eat chicken) cleared his plate. Fantastic!!

This was a really easy, yummy recipe and would recommend to anyone. Thanks, Jamie!!

November 28, 2012 at 9:38 pm

I bought an extra roasted chicken today… so I know what we are having tomorrow evening! Thanks!

Ann
    August 3, 2013 at 11:39 am

Sounds wonderful. I’m going to try it with a can of roasted garlic soup and a can of chicken-mushroom. Can’t wait to try it!

Eileen Tew
    November 4, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Loved this! Made it yesterday and followed your recipe exactly… it made fast Sunday hard because it smelled so good!I am having to exercise restraint and not eat all the leftovers before my hubby comes home!

Jodee
    December 3, 2013 at 6:22 pm

I have not posted a comment before but I have tried many of your recipes! This was really yummy and I wanted to share my changes for those that might want to try it without the cream soup. My son is allergic to soy so canned soups are a major no-no around here! I followed the recipe up to the adding cream cheese to the crock pot, as that melted I made a roux of 1/4 c butter, 1/4 C flour and one chicken boullion cube. I let that cook for a minute or two then added the cream cheese/juices to the roux. Allow that to thicken then add milk until you reach the desired thickness! I used 3 chicken breasts and I think next time I will do 2 since the sauce to chicken ratio was off for my taste. Thanks for a wonderfully easy recipe!!

Stephenie
    April 3, 2014 at 4:35 pm

I am going to use a can of cream of chicken and can of cream of potatoe, add some mixed vegetables and throw it all in a pie crust (if I don’t eat it all before I can get it in the pie). I am guessing it will be my best chicken pot pie yet.