Raspberry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette

Raspberry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette

Hello there.

A simple salad dressing recipe for you today, dear reader.

Raspberry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette…to be exact and precise. Everyone needs a recipe like this tucked away in their back pocket, wouldn’t you agree? A great warm weather standard. Put it on any salad of your choice (or come on back tomorrow to see the lovely salad I made to go with it). This dressing is sweet and tangy with a great berry flavor. It’s made with basic pantry staples, comes together in a matter of minutes and tastes far superior to purchased dressing.

Make it, and love it…won’t you?

Raspberry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 1/2 Cups
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
3 T red onion, chopped
3 T raspberry jam (or strawberry, mixed berry, boysenberry…any berry jam will do)
1/4 C sugar
1/2 C + 2 T red wine vinegar
1 T honey mustard
1/2 t salt
1/2 C vegetable oil
1 T poppy seeds

1. Chop yourself some red onion. Place 3 tablespoons worth into a blender, or if you have an immersion blender toss them into a tall jar.

2. Add 3 tablespoons raspberry jam, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey mustard and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Blend it until it’s well combined.

3. Add 1/2 cup oil to the blending jar, just a little bit at a time, blending after each portion is added. If you add all of the oil at once the dressing will be really thin and runny. Just add about 2 tablespoons at a time and all will be well.

4. Add 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds to the dressing

and stir it in with a spoon. Don’t blend the poppy seeds in, just give them a nice stir. Serve over a salad of your choice and enjoy! Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

May 16, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Hi Jamie! Thanks for sharing this recipe! It sounds delicious and looks easy using the immersion blender! Blessings from Bama!

May 16, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Oh Jamie – just look at that color! I wish my daughter would have had this recipe a few days ago when she attempted to make a vinaigrette for the first time (didn't ask for help, didn't know anything about ratios, etc). Needless to say, 1 1/2 cups of good olive oil went down the drain (ahhh!!!). Sigh… these are the pains of motherhood ;) .

karen sundsvalen
      August 9, 2014 at 8:40 am

haha! i love google between that and my mom and this site i cant go wrong!!! i dont like making mistakes and wasting so i try to do it right the first time…my brother would go through alot less pain if he would just take parental advice!!!

May 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Hi, Jamie! This looks amazing! Thank you for sharing. This is a favorite of my husband's and one I am making for him tonight! :)

May 16, 2012 at 6:29 pm

How long will this keep in the fridge?

May 16, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Hi Yana,
    It will keep for at least a week. Good luck!

May 17, 2012 at 3:49 am

jamie, Is this similar tasting to the dressing at Kneaders on the turkey, cranberry sunflower seed salad?
    Thanks

May 23, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Hi Jamie – I made your raspberry vinaigrette last night and LOVED IT!! Seriously yummy stuff. Served it on spinach salad. Might make an appearance on my blog soon :) .

May 23, 2012 at 12:29 pm

PS – I mixed mine in my mini ninja.

May 23, 2012 at 12:29 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

Shron
    November 19, 2012 at 7:49 am

I hate to ask …what is honey mustard?

Amy
    January 1, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Just made this with some leftover homemade spicy blackberry jam (basically blackberry jam with chili peppers). YUMMMM!!!! I also was out of honey mustard so I subbed with Dijon. It’s super good. I can’t wait to try it with other flavors. I have an orange rhubarb jam that might be going this way soon! Thank you!

Demi
    January 29, 2013 at 8:55 am

This was SO good, and very simple. I packed it for lunches this week by the “salad in a jar” method and I’m very excited for lunch today. I used spinach, pomegranate, strawberries and mushrooms. I think some feta and candied nuts would be an excellent addition as well!

July 8, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I made your raspberry vinaigrette this weekend, and it was wonderful! Such a great combination of sweet and tangy. I can’t wait to make it for a friend of mine. Raspberry vinaigrette is her favorite type of dressing. Thank you so much for posting the recipe!

Susan Yakus
    October 7, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Hi Jamie,
    This looked so good. I am making it for dinner with the Costco Turkey Sandwich. I made the dressing. I didn’t run my oil as long as I should so it probably is a little thinner, but it tastes delicious! I also added 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Yummo!