These Zucchini Fries are good, man.
So good, that I’ve made them twice in the past two days. The outside is nice and crispy, the inside soft and tender. They taste fabulous dipped into this homemade marinara, and would make a great addition to any kind of Italian style meal. Make them to accompany a sandwich or better yet, just enjoy them as a yummy snack.
Which is how my kids would have liked them, had their parents not consumed every morsel before the little darlin’s got close enough to snatch one up.
Don’t judge us too harshly.
I bet you can’t eat just one, either.
I bet you won’t even feel bad about it!
They are made out of Zucchini, remember?
PS…It’s a vegetable.
1. Find yourself a medium zucchini. Pick it from your garden, beg it off a friend or buy one at the store. Cut the ends off.
Slice it in half
and then slice each half into 1/2 inch strips.
Separate the strips in two and lay them face down.
Slice each group into strips, like this…
How lovely! You are going to be, like some kind of strip cutting wizard.
2. Crack and egg and toss it into a loaf pan. (The egg…not the shell). Take a fork and beat the egg until it’s nice and frothy. Add 1/4 cup of milk and whisk it in.
3. Pour 1 1/2 cups of Panko bread crumbs into another loaf pan.
4. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic, 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper to the panko bread crumbs. Give it a nice stir to combine.
5. Dredge each zucchini slice into the egg mixture
and then press it into the seasoned panko bread crumbs.
6. Place each coated zucchini fry on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
7. Bake at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Sprinkle them with a bit more salt when they come out of the oven. Serve with marinara sauce, click here for a super recipe.