Sweet and Salty Halloween Munch Mix

Sweet and Salty Halloween Munch Mix

This Halloween season I wanted to post a treat that would be simple to make, easy to store, great to give away, and yummy to munch on. A chose a Halloween Munch Mix that is both sweet and a little bit salty, because that is such a nice combination. Wouldn’t you agree? Sweet, salty, crunchy and caramel-ie. That is what you will taste if you  make this mix.

Let me show you just how easy it is!

Sweet and Salty Halloween Munch Mix
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE

Time: 10 minutes prep + 15 minutes to set up
Yield: about 8 cups
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!

1 C Corn Chex Cereal
1 C salted party peanuts
1 C stick pretzels
1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
1 C pumpkin candies
1 C candy corn candies
1 C Kraft Caramel Bits

1. Into a large bowl toss 1 cup Corn Chex Cereal,

1 cup salted peanuts,

and 1 cup stick pretzels. Toss them around a bit to combine.

2. Pour a whole package of white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking interval. When the chips have melted and the chocolate is nice and smooth…

pour it over the top of the chex mixture. Gently stir it together until most of the mix is coated.

3. Add 1 cup pumpkin candy,

1 cup candy corn candies,

and 1 cup of these yummy caramel bites, from Kraft.

This is what they look like. Yummy, little caramel circles. :)

4. Stir the mixture together until everything has a bit of the white chocolate on it. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and then lay the mix out over the top of it. Allow the chocolate to set up…

then break it up into chunks and serve! Store leftovers in an air tight container.

Hope you enjoy!

October 11, 2012 at 10:33 am

OH YUM. I didn’t know they made those bites. Will be looking for those.

Denise
    October 11, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Oh, this might be perfect for a get together tonight. Where did you get your cute little cups ? I see they are tucked in nicely in cupcake liners (clever you ) !
    Let me know, please…I might still have time….maybe….

October 11, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Hi Denise,
      My late Grandma purchased the little orange cups for me from a magazine. Look as I might, I haven’t been able to find any more of them. Sorry! Wish I had a better answer for you. Hope you have a great party. :)

Alex
    October 11, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I accidentally picked up a package of those caramel bits on a Wal-Mart run. I meant to purchase regular caramels… now I have something to make with them besides candied apples!! Thank you, Jamie!! Love your blog.

Mindy
    October 15, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Having to improvise – couldn’t find any caramel bits at my grocery store – thought I would use toffee bits. I know, not the same but I wasn’t about to unwrap the caramels and cut into bite size pieces….

Marnie
    October 26, 2012 at 2:20 pm

This mix turned out terrific- Soo yummy! It was tricky finding the caramel bits.. in my store they were in the candy aisle beside the candy corn. Weird. Anyway, it was worth the hunt.. they are delightful little things. Thanks for this one- it is a new family favorite.

Angi
    October 28, 2012 at 6:27 pm

White chocolate chips did not melt only clumped up together would not pour at all

October 29, 2012 at 6:19 am

Hey Angi,
      White chocoalte can be tricky. Make sure you only heat it up in 30 second incriments, stirring after each time. If if gets too hot it will clump together. Also, if it comes in contact with any water at all it will clump up. Perhaps your bowl had a bit of liquid in it, or maybe you got the chocoalte too hot. Better luck next time. :)

Teresa R.
    October 21, 2013 at 11:45 am

the mix was a great hit. everyone asked for the recipe.

Teresa R.
    October 21, 2013 at 12:45 pm

your Hallowwen mix was a great hit. everyone asked for the recipe.I’ll be making more rhis weekend. I’ve loved all your recipes that I’ve made.

Breanna
    October 30, 2013 at 5:25 pm

I just made this super easy mix for a party tomorrow. I substituted the peanuts for almonds due to an allergy.

So yummy. And I just realized you could throw this mix together with any little candies for all kinds of holidays!

Thanks!

Angie
    November 1, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Made this for my kids’ bus driver and teacher. They loved it!!! Thanks!!!