White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies

White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies

This week I have FIVE new Christmas Treat recipes for you. I have been plotting and planning. Baking and cooking the yummiest of treats for you. If only you could reach right through the screen and have a sample or two. That. Would really be amazing! I wonder how long it will be before someone really smart figures out how to make that happen. :)

First up to bat are these wonderful White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies. I think I may have mentioned a time or two before that cookies are one of my favorite things to make. There is just something glorious about a soft, melt in your mouth, delicious cookie warm and fresh from the oven. The very taste of it puts a big fat smile on my face. These White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss cookies are no exception. The flavors of peppermint and white chocolate go so perfectly together. And they are so very Christmas like, after all. For a complete list of holiday cookies, click here.

Now, let’s make these babies. :)

WHITE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT KISS COOKIES
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE

Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 48 cookies
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!

1 C butter
1 1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
3 C flour
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 C crushed candy canes (about 20 small candy canes)
1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
1 (1o once) bag candy cane kisses

1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl place 1 cup butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
3. Add 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix on medium speed for about 2 more minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy.

4. In a separate bowl combine 3 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 t baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour these dry ingredients into the creamed mixture. Mix until combined.

5. In a small food processor, (or if you have a Ninja Blender like this one) crush 20 small candy canes. Let me just interject here that the Ninja Blender is the best I have ever owned. I use it almost every day making a wide variety of things…salad dressings and healthy smoothies. I chop nuts, crush cookies to make pie crusts, and obviously…the old girl crushes candy canes like a dream. Anyhow, sorry for the interjection, but if you are looking for a gift for the cook in your family this Christmas, he or she would be pleased with this beauty. Costco has a great deal on them. :)

You want your candy canes crushed into both small and very small pieces. If some of them turn to powder, that’s great as well. It will incorporate into the dough giving it a nice peppermint flavor. Add 1/2 cup of the crushed candy canes (including the powdery goodness) to the dough.

6. Toss in one 12 ounce package of white chocolate chips and mix until the both the candy cane pieces and the chocolate chips are evenly distributed throughout the dough.

6. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray, scoop your dough out onto the sheet in round balls. Bake for approximately 7-8 minutes. Be carefull not to over bake. You want the cookies to remain soft and chewy. Take them out of the oven when there are small cracks along the tops. Let them rest for a couple of minutes on the hot cookies sheet.

7. While your cookies bake unwrap 48 candy cane kisses.

When the cookies are still warm from the oven press a candy cane kiss into the center of each one.

Enjoy!

December 4, 2012 at 11:55 am

These are so pretty and look delicious! I’ll definitely be adding these to my holiday baking!

December 4, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Jamie, I LOVE those Hershey’s Kisses! I am going to have to try those, they look delicious (like always!). I hope your holiday’s are going well!

denise
    December 4, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Jamie, You know I love ya, and I may try these, but alas, my oven died–now–at Christmastime—can you believe it ?? anyway, I was thinking about a mixer and I know everyone in the world uses ‘the kitchen aid’ and though I do have a Bosch, it is really best for large batches. Did you ever consider the Bosch ?Thinking for more everyday mixing, what do you have? style, attatchments you would suggest, etc. if you want to email me directly, denisecott@yahoo.com

December 5, 2012 at 8:26 am

Hi Denise,
      I have both a Bosch and a Kitchen Aid. I use the Bosch for large batches of bread, sweet rolls and other yeast breads. I use my Kitchen Aid for absolutly everything else. The bowl of the bosch (as you know) is so big that it doesn’t work well for some of my recipes (my Quick and Easy Breadstick specifically). So, to put it plainly…I love both my Bosch and my Kitchen Aid for different reasons. Good luck! Sorry to hear about your oven! Hope you get a new one soon.

MaryAnn
    December 4, 2012 at 1:12 pm

a great fan of yours. read, save or print recipies. Have tried many. keep them a coming gal. thanks for many a great idea for breakfast, lunch dinner and snacks of all kinds.

Stacey
    December 4, 2012 at 1:35 pm

I tried these out today and they are delicious! I did have a little trouble with the cookies spreading too much and not being fat enough. I added a little extra flour to see if that would help the next batch. Either way, these will probably be gone long before dinner. Especially since I haven’t had lunch and these will probably be it!

December 5, 2012 at 6:42 am

Stacey,
      Wow! You are fast. So glad you liked them. If you would like the cookies to be a bit puffier, try putting the dough in the fridge for an hour or so before you bake the cookies. Good luck!

December 4, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Oh my gosh, another great cookie recipe… I start the baking tomorrow… these will be on the list for next week! Keep them coming, please!

December 4, 2012 at 2:37 pm

I love the peppermint and white chocolate combination!

Betty R.
    December 10, 2012 at 12:58 pm

I just made these cookies. They are so delicious! My husband loves them, too! I used a small ice cream scoop. I had to bake them 8 minutes, but they look beautiful. They are chewy, & they flatten out, but I like the way they look. Maybe using the small scoop didn’t make them too big. They are 2 inches across. Will definitely make them every Christmas!

Megan
    December 12, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I made these tonight for a Christmas Party and everyone loved them! They were a hit of the party. My kids loved them too! I will definitely be making these every year.

Sarah
    December 13, 2012 at 2:47 pm

These were very good — perfect for Christmas! — but I found I needed to add more flour and cook them a little longer (maybe 1 minute) than prescribed. Otherwise they were greasy and underdone.

December 19, 2012 at 9:44 am

I love these cookies. Made them last night & they are delicious. However, I was disappointed that my cookies weren’t as puffy as yours. They flattened out more. Just wondering if you have any ideas?

December 19, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Cheryl,
      Sometimes if your butter is super soft it can make the cookies flat, or if you happen to live in a different elevation than I do. Next time try adding just a bit more flour, or put the dough in the fridge for an hour before you scoop it onto the trays. Good luck!

Mary
    December 19, 2012 at 2:17 pm

What size of scoop did you use? Thanks.

December 19, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Mary,
      I’m not sure of the exact scoop size, but it measures out about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough. Hope this helps.

Christine
    December 1, 2013 at 4:39 pm

I’m late to the party, since these were from last December, but wanted to second the rave on the Ninja. That being said–you CAN go ‘old school’ like my mother used to by putting the canes in a baggie & crushing with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer. Just sayin’. Can’t wait to try these!

Pat
    December 14, 2013 at 11:40 am

Just baked these – they’re beautiful! Not a fan of white chocolate so I subbed milk chocolate chips but still used the peppermint/white candy kisses….they’re now a new favorite!

December 16, 2013 at 5:53 am

Pat,
      YUM! I bet milk chocolate is fabulous in these. :)

Ashley
    December 24, 2013 at 7:45 pm

These turned out PERFECTLY! Followed the directions as-is and they were such a hit!!! Thank you! Merry Christmas!