This week I have FIVE new Christmas Treat recipes for you. I have been plotting and planning. Baking and cooking the yummiest of treats for you. If only you could reach right through the screen and have a sample or two. That. Would really be amazing! I wonder how long it will be before someone really smart figures out how to make that happen.
First up to bat are these wonderful White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies. I think I may have mentioned a time or two before that cookies are one of my favorite things to make. There is just something glorious about a soft, melt in your mouth, delicious cookie warm and fresh from the oven. The very taste of it puts a big fat smile on my face. These White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss cookies are no exception. The flavors of peppermint and white chocolate go so perfectly together. And they are so very Christmas like, after all. For a complete list of holiday cookies, click here.
Now, let’s make these babies.
WHITE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT KISS COOKIES
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE
Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 48 cookies
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 C butter
1 1/2 C sugar
1 t vanilla
3 C flour
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 C crushed candy canes (about 20 small candy canes)
1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
1 (1o once) bag candy cane kisses
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl place 1 cup butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Mix on medium speed until well combined.
3. Add 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix on medium speed for about 2 more minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. In a separate bowl combine 3 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 t baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour these dry ingredients into the creamed mixture. Mix until combined.
5. In a small food processor, (or if you have a Ninja Blender like this one) crush 20 small candy canes. Let me just interject here that the Ninja Blender is the best I have ever owned. I use it almost every day making a wide variety of things…salad dressings and healthy smoothies. I chop nuts, crush cookies to make pie crusts, and obviously…the old girl crushes candy canes like a dream. Anyhow, sorry for the interjection, but if you are looking for a gift for the cook in your family this Christmas, he or she would be pleased with this beauty. Costco has a great deal on them.
You want your candy canes crushed into both small and very small pieces. If some of them turn to powder, that’s great as well. It will incorporate into the dough giving it a nice peppermint flavor. Add 1/2 cup of the crushed candy canes (including the powdery goodness) to the dough.
6. Toss in one 12 ounce package of white chocolate chips and mix until the both the candy cane pieces and the chocolate chips are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
6. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray, scoop your dough out onto the sheet in round balls. Bake for approximately 7-8 minutes. Be carefull not to over bake. You want the cookies to remain soft and chewy. Take them out of the oven when there are small cracks along the tops. Let them rest for a couple of minutes on the hot cookies sheet.
7. While your cookies bake unwrap 48 candy cane kisses.
When the cookies are still warm from the oven press a candy cane kiss into the center of each one.