Make this Caramel Smore Munch Mix, won’t you? It’s packed with the flavors of Graham Crackers, Marshmallows and Chocolate all covered in a crunchy caramel. It is absolutely wonderful, and slightly addicting! I would wager that one bite will not be enough. You may want to…
Take it to a party.
Munch on some while you roast hot dogs over a camp fire.
Nibble on it while you soak your feet in a cool pool.
Bring it to a friend.
Deliver it to your sister.
Spend the 20 minutes of work it requires…and make it. Make it soon. 🙂
Let me show you how to make it happen…
1. Grab a box of Golden Grahams Cereal.
Pour the whole box into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add 1 cup sliced almonds and toss everything together to combine.
3. Place parchment paper (or wax paper) over the top of two large cookie sheets.
4. Into a medium-sized sauce pan place 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup corn syrup…
and 1/3 cup brown sugar.
5. Pop the pan onto the stove top and bring it to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Once you have a nice boil going let it simmer away for 5 minutes. You’ll want to be sure not to let it boil too rapidly, just keep it on medium high heat and you should be fine. Remember to stir it now and then.
6. Remove it from the heat and add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
Give it a nice stir to combine. It will bubble up a bit and get kind of creamy looking.
7. Pour it over the top of the cereal and almonds. Stir it in the caramel so that it is well mixed.
8. Add 2 cups miniature marshmallows…
and 1 1/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips. Stir it all together to combine.
9. Pour it the mixture out onto the lined cookie sheets. Allow a few minutes time for the caramel to cool, then dig in. 🙂
Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe for caramel from Lauren’s Latest, Munch Mix recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Pinterest friendly shot…
Thanks for dropping by today!