SocialBoost 728×90 ATF

Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Bundt Cake

Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Bundt Cake

Prepare yourself, guys.

I am going to do everything in my power to convince you to make this cake.

Don’t say I didn’t give you fair warning, alright?

This cake is chuck full of fall flavors. It’s loaded with apples and cinnamon, which makes it moist and flavorful. There is a ribbon of cream cheese running right through it. Yum. Holy. Yum. I mean really! Who doesn’t love cream cheese? I would really like to know. Ok, if you don’t love it then please just quietly avert your eyes, come to visit me another day and allow the cream cheese lovers have our fix. Thank you.

While the cinnamon, apples and cream cheese ribbon make this cake divine…the caramel icing just throws it right over the edge of heavenly bliss.

Make it. Make it for your book club, make it for your mother in law and your father in law, too. Make it for Henry and Jack and Priscilla Lou.

red leaves

Make it because it’s fall, which means it’s down right gorgeous outside. 🙂

Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Bundt Cake from Jamie Cooks It Up!

Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Bundt Cake

1 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C butter
4 T milk
1 C powdered sugar
1 t vanilla

IMG_8520

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. 2. Beat 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 egg together until well mixed and smooth.

IMG_8522

3. Into a large mixing bowl, or stand mixer place 1 3/4 cup sugar, 3 eggs and 1 cup oil. Beat until well combined and a bit frothy. Should take about 2 minutes.

IMG_8523

4. In a small mixing bowl combine 2 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda.

IMG_8524

Add the dry ingredients to the oil/sugar mixture and mix just until combined. You don’t want to over mix it.

IMG_8525

5. Find yourself two lovely medium-sized apples. I used Gala, because Granny Smith are just too darn tart for me. But if tart is your thing, by all means use Granny Smith. This is a free country, after all. 🙂

IMG_8526

Peel and chop your apples, you need 2 cups total.

IMG_8527

6. Peel and shred 1 cup of carrots.

IMG_8528

7. Add both the apples and carrots to the bowl and mix them in with a wooden spoon.

IMG_8529

8. Generously spray a bundt pan with cooking spray. I would highly (VERY HIGHLY!) recommend using spray that has flour added to it. It will make your bundt come out like a dream.

IMG_8530

9. Gently spread half of the batter into the pan.

IMG_8531

10. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the batter…

IMG_8532

and then spread the remaining batter over the cream cheese layer.

IMG_8538

11. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow it to sit on your counter and rest for 10 minutes.

IMG_8539

12. Then invert the pan and let the cake cool on a wire rack.

IMG_8542

13. To make the icing place 1 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter and 4 tablespoons milk into a medium-sized sauce pan and bring it to a boil over medium high heat. Stir it while it boils for 1 minute.

IMG_8543

14. Add 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla to the sauce pan and whisk it around to combine. At first it will be thin, but as it cools it will thicken up for you.

IMG_8544

15. Spoon the icing onto the cake. If the icing starts to get hard before you can drizzle it on the cake, just pop the sauce pan back onto the stove top. Let it warm up over medium high heat. It will thin out enough for you to drizzle it over the cake.

IMG_8547

Like this. I bet you can make yours look prettier than I did. Serve and enjoy! Cover leftovers tightly with plastic wrap. PS…It’s even better the second day. 🙂

IMG_8586

Old Kids

Hope you are having a great fall!

floor of leaves

It’s a lovely time of year, isn’t it!

Valerie Kazarian
    October 14, 2013 at 9:28 am

Dear Sir or Madam,

I thought the format of this recipe was WAY too complicated. I had to cut and paste for 10 minutes to Word to get a version I could copy leaving out all of the pictures. I don’t need a 23 page recipe for a simple quick bread. Looks like a great bread, though, otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered. Thank you.

Chris Ryerson
      October 14, 2013 at 9:52 am

If you look underneath the title of the recipe and above the list of ingredients you will see the words PRINT RECIPE. Just click on that and it will take you to a text format of the recipe to print out 🙂

Sandy
        October 14, 2013 at 11:34 am

Thank you Chris for giving Valerie a heads up on copying this delicious looking recipe. I will make it ASAP!

October 14, 2013 at 3:21 pm

I enjoy her pictures, can you imaginne how much time this must take her?! And for our enjoyment? Some people are so ungrateful.

Christine Jeffries
        December 1, 2016 at 12:27 pm

I enjoy the tutorial and the recipes AND I print the recipe too!

Amy
    October 14, 2013 at 9:47 am

Hoping to get all the bills paid and the chores done so I can make this for FHE tonight. My mouth is watering!

October 14, 2013 at 10:39 am

OH YUM! I just picked up the bakers spray after several recommendations because of my inability to release my cakes from my heavily designed bundt pan. I can’t wait to try it with this recipe. Thanks so much!

mom of four
    October 14, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Jamie can you leave the carrots out?

February 8, 2014 at 5:03 am

How about showing the list of setbimtud things so that people can upvote agreement for getting that item on the list.This will do two things.1. You have have a number of people to show the individual or group as to the amount of interest.2. You can easily focus your efforts on the most popular items first.

Tammie
    October 14, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I just have to say, I also LOVE all of the pictures! It is one of the reasons this is one of my favorite cooking blogs!! Seeing all the steps and how it looks is SOOO great! I LOVE it Jamie, and THANK YOU for all of your hard work giving us such yummy recipes!!

October 14, 2013 at 11:10 pm

This looks amaaazing! You don’t need to do much convincing- the pictures speak for themselves!

Erin R.
    October 15, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Not to gang up on anyone, but I just wanted to say that I, too, love your step by step photos. Sometimes that’s the difference between success or bomb for me, if I can see exactly what the texture or consistency of something is supposed to be at a certain point.

Anyway, hooray for using Galas! I hate Granny Smith apples and their weird sourness. Also, my mouth is watering like crazy over that caramel frosting. I would like to just eat that with a spoon until I’m sorry.

Leslie Creech
    October 16, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Just found my son’s birthday cake for Sunday. Thanks!

Donna
    October 16, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Make more slow cooker meals for fall and winter

Didy

Candace
    October 22, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Could you use 1 cup of applesauce instead of chopped apples?

Yvette
    October 29, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Made this today and the cake is wonderful and taste really good and was pretty easy to make. The only thing I did mess up on was after my frosting came to a boil I did not remove from stove when adding powdered sugar and vanilla so when my glaze cooled on the cake it was sugar grainy but still tasted so yummy. Thank you for a great recipe and next time I will follow directions closer. I have also made a few more of your recipes and I have never been disappointed.

November 5, 2013 at 8:27 am

I made this for the Sunday family dinner my sister hosts each week and it was a huge hit. I used three apples and no carrots (I have family members who have issues with vegetables in their dessert!) and it was delicious. Next week I think I’ll try the Snickerdoodle Bundt recipe.

Bonnie
    February 19, 2014 at 11:34 am

Good morning!!! I just got started with your Blog…I AM IMPRESSED!!! Love to bake, so, by the time that I look at the beautiful pictures I am running to the kit chen/store to make your wonderful recipes, before the family starts coming thru the door!!! Thanks, Jamie…no more standing in the kitchen, thinking, “well, what will it be tonight?” tee hee

Tessa
    September 30, 2014 at 7:40 am

I know I am almost a year late in commenting, but I just made this cake last night to share at work today. It is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing.

Eleanore
    October 8, 2014 at 12:33 pm

Wonderful!! My icing turned out a little grainy – should I have boiled a little longer or a little less?! Thanks for another great recipe!

Ginger
    November 28, 2014 at 9:27 am

I too am a first time viewer of you sight and I love everything you are going…. Will try your cake today and let you know how it comes out.
    Ginger

Stacey Boyd
    December 22, 2014 at 7:09 am

Wow! Jamie! This recipe was amazing. I made it for our family Christmas get-together. I’ve never made any type of bundt cake and was a little nervous to try something new but your recipe was easy to follow and it turned out delicious! Such a moist and flavorful cake. I used 3 cups of chopped apples instead of 2 and 1 of carrots since I couldn’t find my grater but it was super yummy! Love Love this recipe.

Ronda Eskelson
    October 8, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Thank you for posting all that you do. Just love to look and decide what is for dinner. With you making the menu for me it is wonderful. Thank you so much.

Louene Perry
    October 19, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Everyone loved, loved, loved this cake…I used 2 1/2 large Jonagolds and no carrots…it was so delicious and easy…I didn’t even peel the apples and it just added to the flavor! Thanks for a new family favorite! I also enjoy your beautiful pictures…just adds to the fun of baking!

October 26, 2016 at 7:54 am

Hi Louene,
      So nice to hear from you! I’m happy to you you enjoyed this great recipe. It’s one of my favorites as well. Thanks for letting me know and for your feedback on the changes you made to the recipe.
      Love,