Chili’s Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie

Chili’s Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie

Are you ready to eat something decadent and heavenly?

I thought you might be. I bet that’s why you came here after all, and since I truly aim to please  I brought this fabulous dessert along with me today…just for you.

And you…

and for you there, with the gleam of Super Bowl Sunday shining in your eyes. If you are looking for some great Super Bowl Recipes, see my roundup from last week by clicking here.

If you have ever eat at Chili’s and indulged in their Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie, well then you know that decadent is the proper word for this dessert. A warm cookie bar filled with nuts, coconut and chocolate is covered with a creamy scoop of ice cream, then drizzled with chocolate syrup and caramel sauce. Oh, baby. It is heaven on a plate I tell you. Down right scrumptious. I was thinking that it would be extra fabulous with the Coconut Ice Cream I posted last summer. If you are a homemade ice cream maker, give it a try won’t you? Coconut Ice Cream recipe here.

Now, let’s make it!

Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie from Jamie Cooks It Up!

Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie

1 C milk chocolate chips

TOPPINGS:
Vanilla Ice Cream
Chocolate Syrup
Caramel Ice Cream Topping

IMG_1677_edited-1

1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Melt 3/4 cup butter and pour it into your stand mixer or medium-sized mixing bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups brown sugar and mix for about 30 seconds, or until they are well combined.

IMG_1678_edited-1

3. Add three eggs. You may want to crack them into a separate bowl before you add them to the butter mixture. These two helpers of mine were successful in getting 59 egg shells into their eggs when they cracked them. Baby steps to perfection, right. :)

IMG_1681_edited-1

4. Add 3/4  teaspoon of vanilla and mix well.

IMG_1682_edited-1

5. In a separate bowl combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.

IMG_1683_edited-1

Add the dry ingredients to your creamed mixture and mix for about 2 minutes, or until the batter is nice and smooth. You can see that it’s not as stiff as regular cookie dough.

IMG_1687_edited-1

6. Add 1/2 cup slivered almonds, 1/2 cup coconut and 1 cup milk chocolate chips. You can substitute semi sweet if you like.

IMG_1689_edited-1

7. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and spread the batter evenly over it.

IMG_1691_edited-1

8. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

IMG_1766_edited-1

9. Let the bars rest for about 10 minutes, then slice them into 12 squares, top with vanilla ice cream…

IMG_1767_edited-1

chocolate syrup, caramel sauce…

CHocolate Chip Paradise Pie from Jamie Cooks It Up!!

and dig in, baby.

IMG_1795_edited-1

Enjoy!

Holly W
    January 31, 2014 at 4:06 am

This is definitely going to be our dessert for Sunday dinner! Can’t wait to try it! It looks scrumptious!

Ted
    January 31, 2014 at 6:26 am

Looks good! May have to try this this weekend

Peggy Gibbons
    January 31, 2014 at 8:55 am

I’ve never had dessert at Chili’s because I’m always too full to contemplate any dessert so soon after a meal. But, this one looks so good that I might be tempted to eat dessert first! I’m going to have to make this when there’s someone here besides the two of us so we don’t eat the whole thing ourselves. By the way, I’m making your chicken gnocchi soup for dinner tonight. It’s definitely soup weather and it’s my first choice.

Rachel
    January 31, 2014 at 10:21 am

okay i don’t want lunch now, i want dessert and i want this!!! haha!

January 31, 2014 at 10:35 am

Love the combinations in this chocolate chip Pie!
    It sounds delicious!

January 31, 2014 at 11:54 am

Looks good Jamie!

Donna Vaughn
    January 31, 2014 at 12:12 pm

This looks delicious. Just a note, though, the recipe says slivered almonds but your picture is of sliced almonds.

Kentucky Lady 717
    February 3, 2014 at 5:27 pm

These do look good….will sure have to put them on my to do list :) I like sliced almonds better anyways :)

March 18, 2014 at 2:30 pm

I love Chocolate Chip paradise Pie!! One reason we went to Chili’s. I am glad I found your site and this recipe. Plan to try it soon.

check out my recent post: Hot Fudge Cake, your kids will love it!
    Michael :-)

September 19, 2014 at 7:01 pm

Um… your recipe says silvered almonds… its supposed to be SLIVERED or SLICED ALMONDS… right?

September 20, 2014 at 7:07 am

Kym,
      Thanks for catching my silly error. :)

September 21, 2014 at 2:00 am

All good… I did try and look for silvered almonds, alas I could not find any… lol