The winner of the $100 Amazon Gift Card is Elena Vo comment #445. Congratulations! I will contact you soon to gather your mailing information.
It is the month of love, ladies and gentlemen!
Which means it is time for you to locate your sweetheart and give he or she a nice kiss or two or ten or twenty. If you ask me, you might as well kiss as much as possible this month. You never know when February is going to come around again. Next month everyone will be looking for someone who forgot to wear green and pinching them like crazy. Get your kissing in while you can, folks. While kissing is still in season. I know I plan to.
I have a fun little Valentines Day treat for you today. It doesn’t actually have any thing to do with Puppy’s or dog food, thank you for asking. It is, however a spin on the classic chocolate peanut butter Puppy Chow that you no doubt have made before or at least eaten once or twice. This version has a subtle strawberry and cream flavor that will knock your socks off. It’s sweet, crispy, crunchy goodness that comes together in under 30 minutes. Make it for your book club, take it to your teacher, give some to a friend or even to your preacher. It’s a great gift giving type treat.
Let’s make it!
Strawberries and Cream Puppy Chow
Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 cups
Recipe adapted from Love, Life and Sugar
10 C Corn Chex Cereal (not quite 1 box)
1 (12 ounce) package White Candy Melts
1 (12 ounce) package Pink or Red Candy Melts
1 C strawberry cake mix
1 C powdered sugar
1 (12.6 ounce) package Valentines Day M and Ms
1. Grab some Chex cereal and two bowls. Dump 5 cups of cereal into each bowl.
2. Next you need these pretty candy melts, one bag of pink and one bag of white. You could also use red in place of the pink. I’m sure it would give you a darker color as a result. You can find these bags at Walmart on the cake decorating aisle, or at any craft store. If you can’t find these Candy Melts, just use regular white chocolate chips.
3. Pour the pink candy melts into a microwave safe container. Melt them in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking interval.
4. Pour the pink melts over one bowl of Chex cereal.
Carefully stir it in, making sure you don’t break the cereal up.
and pour 1 cup of it over the top of the coated cereal. Stir it in to combine.
You want to be sure it all gets nice and coated.
6. Melt the white candy melts, pour them over the other bowl of cereal and mix well.
7. Pour 1 cup of powdered sugar over the top and mix well to combine.
8. Allow both bowls of puppy chow to set up (should only take about 10 minutes) then toss the two together.
9. Pour in 1 bag of valentines M and Ms, toss and serve.