SocialBoost 728×90 ATF

30 Minute Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta

30 Minute Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta

I am having a great time coming up with new 30 Minute Skillet Dinners to share with you! There is just something wonderful about a hearty meal that can be made (mostly!) in one pan and in such a short time. It seems that time is something many of us are in short supply of, dang it. Why is there always so much to do? I wish I knew, don’t you!

The fabulous Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta I have to share with you today just might be my new favorite skillet dinner. Not that I don’t love this amazing 30 Minute Skillet Lasagna, or the delicious 30 Minute Skillet Chicken Enchiladas I shared a couple of weeks ago. They are both great. However, the Chicken Cordon Blue Pasta just speaks to my comfort-food-loving heart.  It really does.

Let me tell you what you will find in this wonderful dish. Hearty pasta, ham and tender chunks of chicken are tossed with a rich and creamy sauce. Swiss cheese and Italian Panko bread crumbs are layered on top and broiled to a crispy, cheesy delight.

It’s good, man. Really good.

My family gave it 7 thumbs up. Hope you all love it, too!

Let’s make it! You, me and your skillet of wonder…

30 Minute Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta from Jamie Cooks It Up!

30 Minute Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta

Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!

1 (12 ounce) package bowtie pasta
2 T butter
1 C chicken broth
2 C half and half
2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
1 tsp honey mustard
1/4 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper
3 Tb sour cream
2 C cooked rotisserie chicken, chopped
2 C deli ham, chopped (or leftover ham, diced up)
8 slices Swiss cheese
1 1/4 C Italian Panko bread crumbs

IMG_3839_edited-1

1. Pour hot water into a medium-sized sauce pan. Bring it to a boil and cook 1 package of Bow Tie noodles according to the package directions.

IMG_3840_edited-1

2. Grab a deep skillet (mine is 3 inched deep and 11 inches wide). Heat it up over medium high heat.
3. Add 2 tablespoons butter and allow it to melt completely.
4. Add  1 cup chicken broth, 2 cups half and half and 2 cans cream of chicken soup. Whisk it all together to combine.

IMG_3841_edited-1

5. Add 1 teaspoon honey mustard…

IMG_3842_edited-1

1/4 teaspoon onion powder and just a bit of salt and pepper. Give it a nice stir and bring the sauce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Allow it to simmer for 4-5  minutes or until slightly thickened.

IMG_3843_edited-1

5. Chop 2 cups of cooked rotisserie chicken…

IMG_3844_edited-1

2 cups of deli ham. Add the chicken, ham and 3 tablespoons sour cream to the skillet.

IMG_3847_edited-1

6. Add the cooked and drained bowtie pasta…

IMG_3848_edited-1

and stir everything together. Taste it and add more salt and pepper according to your own personal taste. It shouldn’t need much. 🙂

IMG_3850_edited-1

7. Lay 8 slices of swiss cheese over the top of the saucy noodles.

IMG_3845_edited-1
8. Grab some Italian Herb Panko Bread Crumbs. If you only have Italian Bread Crumbs, that will work out fine as well.

IMG_3851_edited-1

Sprinkle 1 1/4 cup of the Italian Panko Breadcrumbs over the top of the cheese.

IMG_3852_edited-1

9. Turn your oven to broil and pop the skillet it. Be sure your skillet is oven safe!

IMG_3855_edited-1

Allow the cheese to melt and the breadcrumbs to get golden brown. Be careful! This will only take a couple of minutes in the oven. Be sure to watch it closely.

spoon in edited and highlighted

Allow the skillet to sit on the counter for just a couple of minutes and then dig in, baby! It’s cheesy, creamy goodness!

30 Minute Creamy Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Skillet

Anne
    April 14, 2014 at 10:17 am

where did you get such a big container of panko crumbs .this looks really good .

April 14, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Anne,
      I got them as Sam’s Club. Good luck to you!

Judy Uhl
    April 14, 2014 at 12:05 pm

looks yummy!!

April 14, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Oh, my goodness… we are definitely trying this one soon!

Sue
    April 14, 2014 at 7:29 pm

How much deli ham did it take to make 2 cups? Could you substitute diced leftover ham?

April 15, 2014 at 7:05 am

Sue,
      About little more than half a pound. You could definitely use leftover diced ham. Good luck!

Carol Fitzpatrick
    April 15, 2014 at 10:25 am

That looks really tasty add a nice salad and yeast rolls – Sunday dinner is in the bag…Thanks

Julie
    April 15, 2014 at 1:18 pm

We made this last night and it was so yummy! Everyone in my family really liked it. It was so fast and easy to prepare. Thanks so much for your hard work!

April 16, 2014 at 7:22 am

Jules,
      So happy to hear you guys loved it. 🙂 Thanks for letting me know!

Sara
    April 15, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Jamie, thank you so much. I made this for dinner tonight and everyone loved it!

Linette
    April 16, 2014 at 7:50 am

I made this for dinner last night as well and it was wonderful …leftovers leftovers makes plenty ..

Tabatha
    April 16, 2014 at 1:17 pm

Thanks for this yummy recipe! I made it last night. Everyone loved it! A lot in our area must have the same idea because there wasn’t much sliced Swiss cheese at our local grocery store!

Brandi
    April 21, 2014 at 7:12 pm

I made this for my family tonight and we all LOVED it!! Even my one year old couldn’t get to it fast enough!! Thanks for such great recipes!!

Lacie
    April 22, 2014 at 10:04 am

Super yummy, thanks! I am seriously loving your 30 minute skillet recipes 🙂

Gail
    April 22, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Jamie, this was fabulous! I noticed there was sour cream in the ingredients, but not in the instructions, so I added it after the sauce had simmered, just before adding the chicken and ham. And I subbed a cup of milk for one of the cups of half and half…still rich creamy and deeelicious! Thanks so much for sharing…this is a keeper!

Connie
    April 26, 2014 at 7:48 pm

I made this tonight. I did not have half & half so I used 1/2 c milk and 1/c sour cream, and leftover Easter ham. I served it with sliced fresh pears, which were great for smearing in the extra sauce. It was delicious! Definitely a keeper. I love skillet meals.

Connie
      April 26, 2014 at 7:51 pm

Oops, forgive my typos, I used 1/2 c milk and 1/2 c sour cream.

Bonnie
    April 30, 2014 at 5:21 pm

Made this tonight for dinner and it was a hit with the family! Even though I forgot to add the sour cream, it was still delish. I love your site and make your Burbon chicken all the time. Keep the recipes coming!

Sara B
    May 7, 2014 at 4:45 pm

I don’t see where it says to add the sour cream, so I didn’t add it. My husband and I enjoyed this dish. My ham was so salty, I probably didn’t need to add any salt!

loa337
    June 17, 2014 at 8:15 pm

This was delicious. Thank you!

September 16, 2014 at 6:31 am

I made this recipe a couple weeks ago and it was amazing! Thank you!

Kara
    December 12, 2014 at 9:17 am

Could this meal be prepared the night before on the stovetop, and instead of putting the skillet in the oven, put into a casserole dish and then heated the next day in the oven?

December 15, 2014 at 9:06 am

Kara,
      I haven’t ever tried it that way, but here is my best guess at how to make it work. I would keep the sauce and the pasta separate until you are ready to bake. Assemble all ingredients in a casserole dish and pop it in the oven. You will definitely need more time in the oven than the recipe calls for since your ingredients will be cold. However, I bet it will work out well. Let me know if you try it!
      Best of luck,

Kara
        December 15, 2014 at 12:12 pm

I actually did it yesterday for my sons baptism. I ended up doubling the recipe and made it the same way on the stovetop, then dumped it all into a lasagna pan and put it in the refrigerator overnight. The next day I took it out of the fridge, put the swiss and breadcrumbs onto and put it in the oven on 300 degrees for almost two hours while we went to church and all that. Turned out perfect and was ready when we got home! Everyone loved the recipe. Thanks so much for posting it and for responding!

December 15, 2014 at 1:03 pm

Kara,
          Oh my goodness, how wonderful! So happy to hear it turned out well. Thanks for sharing your great make ahead method with us all. I am going to try it. 🙂
          All the best,

Liz
    March 26, 2015 at 6:05 pm

This is great!

March 30, 2015 at 6:22 am

Liz,
      Thank you! So happy you enjoyed it.

Brittany Roberts
    June 5, 2015 at 6:39 pm

I was able to finally try this recipe….and….it was amazing!!!! A++++

June 8, 2015 at 9:44 am

Brittany,
      So glad to hear it! Thanks for letting me know!

michele
    February 2, 2016 at 9:10 am

Can I omit the pork??? I don’t eat any pork

Karen
    February 22, 2016 at 9:39 am

What would you choose for a substitute for the swiss cheese? Thank you-can’t wait to try this!