I am having a great time coming up with new 30 Minute Skillet Dinners to share with you! There is just something wonderful about a hearty meal that can be made (mostly!) in one pan and in such a short time. It seems that time is something many of us are in short supply of, dang it. Why is there always so much to do? I wish I knew, don’t you!
The fabulous Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta I have to share with you today just might be my new favorite skillet dinner. Not that I don’t love this amazing 30 Minute Skillet Lasagna, or the delicious 30 Minute Skillet Chicken Enchiladas I shared a couple of weeks ago. They are both great. However, the Chicken Cordon Blue Pasta just speaks to my comfort-food-loving heart. It really does.
Let me tell you what you will find in this wonderful dish. Hearty pasta, ham and tender chunks of chicken are tossed with a rich and creamy sauce. Swiss cheese and Italian Panko bread crumbs are layered on top and broiled to a crispy, cheesy delight.
It’s good, man. Really good.
My family gave it 7 thumbs up. Hope you all love it, too!
Let’s make it! You, me and your skillet of wonder…
Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 (12 ounce) package bowtie pasta
2 T butter
1 C chicken broth
2 C half and half
2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
1 tsp honey mustard
1/4 tsp onion powder
salt and pepper
3 Tb sour cream
2 C cooked rotisserie chicken, chopped
2 C deli ham, chopped (or leftover ham, diced up)
8 slices Swiss cheese
1 1/4 C Italian Panko bread crumbs
1. Pour hot water into a medium-sized sauce pan. Bring it to a boil and cook 1 package of Bow Tie noodles according to the package directions.
2. Grab a deep skillet (mine is 3 inched deep and 11 inches wide). Heat it up over medium high heat.
3. Add 2 tablespoons butter and allow it to melt completely.
4. Add 1 cup chicken broth, 2 cups half and half and 2 cans cream of chicken soup. Whisk it all together to combine.
5. Add 1 teaspoon honey mustard…
1/4 teaspoon onion powder and just a bit of salt and pepper. Give it a nice stir and bring the sauce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Allow it to simmer for 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
5. Chop 2 cups of cooked rotisserie chicken…
2 cups of deli ham. Add the chicken, ham and 3 tablespoons sour cream to the skillet.
6. Add the cooked and drained bowtie pasta…
and stir everything together. Taste it and add more salt and pepper according to your own personal taste. It shouldn’t need much. 🙂
7. Lay 8 slices of swiss cheese over the top of the saucy noodles.
Sprinkle 1 1/4 cup of the Italian Panko Breadcrumbs over the top of the cheese.
9. Turn your oven to broil and pop the skillet it. Be sure your skillet is oven safe!
Allow the cheese to melt and the breadcrumbs to get golden brown. Be careful! This will only take a couple of minutes in the oven. Be sure to watch it closely.
Allow the skillet to sit on the counter for just a couple of minutes and then dig in, baby! It’s cheesy, creamy goodness!