SocialBoost 728×90 ATF

Lemon Berry Trifle (Five Ingredients!)

Lemon Berry Trifle (Five Ingredients!)

If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe to brighten up your next backyard barbecue, church potluck, fourth of July shin dig, ladies lunch or any other celebratory type function…this fabulous trifle is calling your name. Loud and clear. It. Is. Calling You!

Don’t heat up your oven. There is no baking required.

You only need 5 ingredients and 20 minutes to make it happen.

Yes, you read right, sweet-cheeks. 5 simple ingredients and this pretty dessert can be all yours.

Fluffy Angel Food Cake is broken into pieces and layered with fresh strawberries, blueberries, lemon yogurt and cool whip.ย That’s it! It may sound overly simple to you, but make no mistake there is nothing lacking in its flavor. It’s light, refreshing and bursting with fresh berry flavor. I guess you could say it’s kind of like a layered strawberry shortcake with a creamy lemon twist.

Make it and love it, gang. It would make a pretty presentation for most any gathering and especially for the Fourth of July.

Let me show you the details!

Lemon Berry Trifle Five Ingredients from Jamie Cooks It Up!

Lemon Berry Trifle

Time: 20 minutes
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!

1 (14 ounce) Angel Food Cake, premade
1 1/2 pounds strawberries, sliced
1 (24 ounce) package blueberries
6 (6 ounce) containers lemon yogurt
1 (8 ounce) container cool whip, thawed

IMG_5419_edited-1

1. Grab a premade Angel Food cake…

IMG_5422_edited-1

and cut it up into 1 inch cubes. No need to measure here, just make them approximately the same size.

IMG_5423_edited-1

2. Layer half of the cake pieces in the bottom of a pretty glass dish.

IMG_5424_edited-1

3. Add 1/3 of the sliced strawberries…

IMG_5425_edited-1

and 1/3 of the blueberries.

IMG_5426_edited-1

4. Scoop 3 containers of lemon yogurt over the top of the berries. I love this light Yoplait Lemon Cream Pie version. It has a great combination of sweet and tart.

IMG_5430_edited-1

Spread the yogurt out evenly over the berries.

IMG_5432_edited-1

5. Add half of a 8 ounce container of cool whip. (The picture here is of a 16 ounce container, but I only ended up using half. Stick with a 8 ounce and you should be good).
6. Repeat the layers…cake, 1/3 of the berries and 3 containers of yogurt.

IMG_5433_edited-1

7. Then add the rest of the cool whip and layer the rest of the berries on top.
8. Pop it in the fridge for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours, then serve!

IMG_5476_edited-1

Enjoy! Aren’t those beautiful berries. ๐Ÿ™‚

5 ingredient Lemon Berry Trifle from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Just gorgeous. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope you love, love, love it.

Here’s the handy tutorial in “pin-able” format.

Five Ingredient Lemon Berry Trifle from Jamie Cooks It Up!

Susan Fowler
    June 4, 2014 at 12:54 pm

This looks yummy. I’ll have to try it soon.

Erin R.
    June 4, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Ooh, pretty! And HOORAY for using a grocery store cake. I usually like to make those things myself (as to most of us) but not if I’m just going to hack it up and put it in something else. ๐Ÿ™‚ I always like it when people are practical and not all high and mighty about everything being from scraaahtch. Never would have thought to use lemon yogurt in a trifle, but it’s on my radar now! Thanks!

Julie
    June 4, 2014 at 2:44 pm

Jamie,
    That is absolutely beautiful! And it looks delicious too! I’ll definitely be trying this one! Thank you so much! I love your blog!
    Julie

Sarah
    June 4, 2014 at 8:50 pm

My daughter can’t eat blueberries. Can you recommend another berry to use in place of the blueberries?

June 5, 2014 at 9:50 am

Sarah,
      You could leave the blueberries out and stick with just strawberries, or the replace the blueberries with raspberries. Good luck!

Karen
    June 7, 2014 at 7:14 am

Making a GF pound cake to make this today-can’t wait to dig in!

Karen
      June 7, 2014 at 8:30 am

Tastes wonderful! Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Judy G
    June 25, 2014 at 8:01 am

I’ve used kiwi fruit in a couple of trifles and they have been well received.

Jeanne1
    July 29, 2014 at 9:00 pm

I made this recently for visitors from out of town. It was easy to make and very beautiful to look at. When berries are in season & juicy, this is a fabulous light desert. I had a big crystal bowl and thought it would fit in there — it did not. You really need a trifle dish for this. It still looked beautiful and everyone loved it. I I like using yogurt instead of instant lemon pudding or lemon curd which I have seen in other recipes. Highly recommended for a summer desert. Thanks.

Deloris
    April 19, 2015 at 1:30 pm

Do the strawberries hold up and still look pretty after the dessert has been in the fridge all that time?

April 21, 2015 at 7:30 am

Deloris,
      The berries should hold up for you for about 24 hours. After that they might get a little bit juicy and start to run. Best of luck! Hope you love it.

Donna
    June 4, 2015 at 8:33 pm

im from uk sooooo i love trifle , i will def make this one when my invasion from uk comes next week , Thanks