I am always looking for new recipes for grilled chicken. Our family favorite is the Grilled Chicken Marinade I posted a couple of years ago (you can see it here). It calls for coke. Gotta love a recipe with a little coke in it!
Yesterday I was in the mood for a little something different than our standard favorite. Something spicy and sweet. I played around with a few ideas and ended up with the Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken recipe you see before you. My family loved it. (It’s not super spicy, just carries a little kick is all). I loved it. I surely hope you will love it. That would really make my day!
The chicken is super tender, I opted to use fresh chicken thighs and man…it was the right thing to do. There is something wonderful about grilled chicken thighs. They have so much flavor! I let them hang out in a simple, 4 ingredient, spicy/sweet marinade for 15 minutes and then grilled them up. We ate them with brown rice and some fabulous green beans I am planning to post on Friday. It made a great, easy, 30 minute meal. Perfect for summer.
This fabulous chicken would also be wonderful with…
Give these a try guys!
Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken
Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1. Grab some Sweet Chili Sauce. You can find this Mae Ploy brand on the Oriental food aisle at most grocery stores.
Pour 1 cup into a glass measuring cup.
2. Add 6 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Give it a nice stir to combine.
3. Take 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs and trim the fat with a pair of scissors. Place the chicken in a gallon sized zip loc bag.
4. Pour ALL BUT 1/2 CUP of the marinade over the chicken.
You are going to keep 1/2 cup to pour over the chicken once it has been cooked through.
Allow the chicken to sit in the marinade for 15 minutes.
5. Heat your grill to 325 degrees. Place a layer of tin foil on the grill and spray it with cooking spray. Grill the chicken for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Make sure your heat isn’t up too high. Since the marinade has a bit of sugar in it the chicken can burn quickly. Just keep an eye on it.
6. Heat the rest of the marinade up in the microwave and pour it over the top of the chicken. I served it with brown rice and we poured the marinade sauce over it as well. Yum!
PS…Green Bean recipe coming up next.