Super easy to prepare, this Oven Baked BBQ Chicken is loaded with smokey flavor, juicy BBQ sauce and family appeal. My family gave it 7 thumbs up, which is always a blessing. 🙂
Let me show you how to make it happen!
Oven Baked BBQ Chicken
Time: 10 min prep + 1 hour marinading + 50-60 min cooking
Yield: 6-8 servings
Recipe adapted from Heather Loves Food
1. Grab some chicken breasts. I opted for the boneless, skin-less variety but bone in chicken breasts would work very well and would produce a more tender final product.
2. Cut each chicken breast in half.
3. Into a gallon sized zip-loc bag place 3 cloves garlic (minced), 1/4 C olive oil, 1 tsp smoked paprika and 1 Tb lemon juice.
6. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
7. Spray the inside of a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and place the chicken out evenly in the pan. Sprinkle the chicken with a bit of salt and pepper. Discard the marinade.
8. Cover the pan with foil. It helps to use a pan that has a lip so you can tuck the foil tightly under it. This will keep your chicken moist.
9. Pop the pan in the oven and let it bake for 40 minutes.
10. Remove the foil from the chicken. There will be some broth in the bottom of the pan, carefully pour it out into your sink. Drizzle some BBQ sauce over the top of each piece.
Brush it around a bit so it covers each breast. Place it back in the oven (uncovered) for 5 minutes. Take it out and drizzle with more BBQ sauce. Bake for another 10 minutes.
Applying the sauce 2-3 times and allowing it to continue baking (uncovered) will help the sauce get nice and sticky and wonderful for you.
Serve and enjoy!
Potato recipe coming up on Wednesday. Hope to see you all then!