I love Nutella. Do you? If not, well then you best disregard this little treasure of a recipe and come to see me another day when there are exciting pictures of Lemony Confection of Wonder at your disposal. Which will actually be happening early next week. 🙂 I love lemon. And nutella, and pretty much every other delectable flavor walking the planet. It’s a problem, truly.
For those of you who are fellow Nutella lovers, these Krispie Treats couldn’t be easier to make. They are loaded with creamy nutella flavor, are fabulous cut into bars, or eaten warm from the pan with a spoon.
Let me show you how easy they are to make! Me, you and that devilish jar of Nutella…
Nutella Krispie Treats
Time: 15 minutes prep + time to set
Yield: 1 (9×9) pan
Recipe adapted from my sister-in-law Erin Jepsen
4 Tb butter
1 (10 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
1/2 C nutella
1 tsp vanilla
5 C rice krispie cereal
1 1/2 C milk chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt 4 Tb butter, in a large deep sauce pan over medium high heat.
3. Add 1 package miniature marshmallow to the melted butter…
…stir the mixture until the marshmallows have melted. Add 1 tsp vanilla and a dash of salt.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add 1/2 C nutella. Yummo. Can you resist this stuff? It is one of my many weaknesses. 🙂
Give it a nice stir.
5. Add 5 C rice krispies. I used the generic brand with no trouble what-so-ever.
Stir the rice krispies into the mixture with a sturdy wooden spoon.
6. Spray a 9×9 pan with cooking spray and spread the treats out evenly into it.
7. Sprinkle 1 C chocolate chips over the bars.
8. Pop the pan into the oven for 3-5 minutes, or until the chocolate is soft.
9. Spread the chocolate out evenly with a rubber spatula.
10. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 C chocolate chips over the top of the melted chocolate.
11. Allow the chocolate to set up (or don’t, if you just want to scoop some into your mouth), and cut into bars.
PS…this Whipped Nutella Mousse from my archives is also really fabulous…