This wonderful Garlic Chicken and Vegetable Bowtie Pasta is my latest attempt at getting a tasty meal on the table without a lot of fuss and trouble. You can make it in 30-40 minutes and guys…let me tell you. It’s super good. Tender chunks of warm garlic chicken, sautéed mushrooms, peppers and zucchini and bow tie pasta are drizzled with a fantastic dressing (Olive Garden Salad Dressing, to be exact) and tossed with grated parmesan cheese. It’s an easy, hearty, satisfying meal.
I’ve made it twice in the past week. Because pasta is my life and also garlic chicken and sometimes sautéed vegetables. This is a true story. Pasta is precious in my eyes. I need an intervention of some kind to be sure.
Hope you make it!
Let me show you how to make it happen…
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray and place 2-3 chicken breasts in it (more if you like).
3. Grab some Olive Garden Italian Dressing (or another Italian dressing of your choice) and pour about 1/3 C over the top of the chicken. Pop it into the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the juices run clear and it’s not longer pink on the inside.
4. Cook 1 (16 ounce) box of bowtie pasta noodles according to package directions. Strain the water from the pasta when it’s cooked through, add the hot pasta back into the pan you cooked it in. Add 1 Tb olive oil and stir to combine. Cover the pot and set aside.
5. While your pasta is cooking heat a large, deep skillet up over medium high heat. Add 2 Tb olive oil, allow it to get hot and add 1 C sliced carrots. Allow them to cook for 3-5 minutes.
6. Slice 2 small zucchini into 1/4 inch rounds. Chop 1 onion and 1 red bell pepper into small pieces. Mince 1 Tb fresh garlic. Add them and 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms to the skillet. Saute until crisp tender. Should only take 7-8 minutes. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
7. When the veggies are done add the cooked pasta to the skillet. Give it a nice stir to combine.
8. Add about 3/4 C of the Italian Salad Dressing. Give it a nice stir to combine and then let the veggies and pasta saute together, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes. You want the dressing to heat through and the pasta to get a little bit of a sear on it.
9. Remove the pan from the heat and add 3/4 C grated parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
10. When the chicken is done allow it to rest for 5 minutes then slice it and add it to the pasta and veggies.
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!