Let me tell you some important things you should know about this cheesy delight of a recipe.
You only need 20-30 minutes to make it happen.
You only need 1 (yes, only ONE) pan to get the job done. The pasta cooks right in the sauce, which means you don’t have to use two pans which means you don’t have two wash two pans which means you will have more time to do something wonderful like paint your toenails and drink in the summer sun.
It’s cheesy, loaded with flavor, makes use of basic pantry staples and will put a smile on the faces of kids and adults alike.
There’s a lot to love about this recipe, guys.
Hope you make it and enjoy it heartily. 🙂
Let me show you how amazingly easy this recipe is!
1. Grab a large deep skillet that is oven safe. (Mine is a T-fal pan from Costco).
2. Pour 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup into your skillet. Pour milk into the can and add it to the soup. You need three cans of milk total (31.5 ounces).
3. Drain a (12.5 ounce) can of chicken and add it to the skillet.
4. Add one (1.0 ounce) package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix and 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules.
5. Stir well and bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat.
6. Add 1 (16 ounce) box penne pasta. Stir well and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover and allow the pasta to cook for 10-12 minutes. Make sure the heat isn’t up too high. You don’t want the creamy sauce to scorch.
7. When the pasta has cooked through give it a nice stir and turn your oven to broil.
8. Sprinkle 2 C mozzarella cheese over the top of the pasta.
9. Pop it into the oven and allow the cheese to melt and get bubbly and wonderful. (Should only take about 3 minutes. Watch it carefully, it can burn in just a blink of an eye).
10. Sprinkle with 1 tsp parsley (dried is fine).
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from my sister in law Erin Jepsen.