I had a fun opportunity to get together with a few food blogging friends the other day for an ice cream party. We had a great time “talking shop” so to speak, letting our kids run wild and tasting some fabulous homemade ice cream. Ashlee from Ashlee Marie brought an amazing Cake Mix and Sprinkles Ice Cream that was absolutely divine. I am mentioning this to you today, just in case some of you are homemade ice cream lovers and want to give her recipe a try. Make it. 🙂 You won’t be sorry, truly.
To the ice cream party I made and brought my Homemade Caramel Sauce (found here). I had some leftover and thought it would go well drizzled over grilled peaches and vanilla ice cream. Boy, was I right. It kind of tastes like Peach Pie Heaven but without all of the work, which is a wonderful bonus during the hot summer months, yes?
Hope you get a chance to give it a try!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Make some Homemade Caramel Sauce (recipe and tutorial found here), or you could use store purchased caramel sauce.
2. Wash 8 ripe peaches. Make sure they are nice and soft. If the peaches are still firm, they aren’t quite ripe yet.
3. Slice them in half…
…and remove the pits.
4. Brush each peach half with a little softened butter.
Sprinkle them generously with cinnamon sugar.
5. Heat up a grill pan (or your outside grill). If you are using a grill pan, like I chose to do, you’ll want to brush the pan with butter before you lay the peaches down. For an outdoor grill, lay a bit of tin foil out and brush it with butter before you lay the peaches on it. Make sure the grill (or grill pan) is set at a fairly low temperature. Mine was between medium and low. Let the peaches grill for about 5-8 minutes or until each peach has some pretty grill marks on it.
7. Place two peach halves into each serving bowl. Sprinkle them with more cinnamon sugar and scoop some vanilla ice cream into the bowl. Drizzle the whole thing with Homemade Caramel Sauce and serve.
Here’s the handy printable…