Do I have any Chocolate and Peanut Butter lovers out there, today? Of course I do. Goodness. That’s like saying “Do any of you enjoy eating heavenly bliss?” Of course you do! 🙂 The combination of chocolate and peanut butter is a classic after all. These Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are my latest cookie creation and to say they are delightful is an understatement, truly. Peanut Butter Cookie dough is studded with both milk and semi sweet chocolate chips, as well as mini Reese’s Pieces and Mini Peanut Butter Cups. They are soft and chewy on the inside and slightly crispy on the outside.
Give them a try, friends. They are all that Chocolate and Peanut Butter should be.
Let me show you how to make it happen…
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl, place 1 C chunky peanut butter and 1 C butter (softened). Beat for 3 minutes on medium speed, making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula a couple of times during the mixing period.
3. Add 1 C sugar and 1 C brown sugar. Beat for an additional 2 minutes. Add 2 eggs and mix until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl place 2 1/2 C flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Toss it together with a fork to combine. Add it to the creamed mixture and mix until well combined.
5. Add 1 C milk chocolate chips and 1/2 C semi sweet chocolate chips.
6. Grab some mini Reese’s Pieces. I found these along the baking aisle of the grocery store.
Add 3/4 C of the Reese’s Pieces to the dough. Mix just until combined.
7. Grab a (14.8 ounce) bag of Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups. Add half of the bag to the dough and mix just until combined.
Be sure not to over mix here. You don’t want all of the peanut butter cups to get crumbled up.
8. Roll the dough into 2 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
9. Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until cracks form on the tops of the cookies.
10. Remove the pan from the oven and press 1-2 additional mini peanut butter cups into the warm cookies. You can press a few more of the Reese’s Pieces on top if you so choose as well.
Serve warm or allow to cool and store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!