I’ve been searching for a great Blueberry Cake recipe, as of late. Would you believe me if I told you I’ve made 4 over the past few months that were all just…meh. Nothing great or spectacular at all. And then, I came acrossed this heavenly recipe on Pinterest and knew I had to give it a try. Ladies and gentlemen, you will be happy to know that it is a pure delight. The cake is moist and rich with a heavenly almond and butter flavor. It’s full of sweet, plump blueberries, layered with sliced almonds and drizzled with a silky glaze.
You could serve it for breakfast, or as a dessert…either would be fabulous.
It makes 2 (8 inch) round cakes and tastes even better the second day.
2. Into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl, place the softened butter and brown sugar. Cream them together until light and fluffy. Should take about 2 minutes
3. Add the egg and beat for an additional 1 minute. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the almond extract. Mix just until combined.
4. In a separate bowl toss together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Pour half of the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and mix just until combined. Add half of the sour cream and mix just until combined. Repeat with the remaining dry ingredients and sour cream. Make sure not to over mix.
6. Gently fold in the blueberries.
7. Line 2 round 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper. Spray the paper and the sides of the pans generously with cooking spray.
8. Spread the batter evenly into both pans and sprinkle with the almonds.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Allow the pans to rest on the counter for 5 minutes, then invert to a wire rack.
11. Whisk the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl and drizzle over the tops of the warm cakes.