I have a fabulous pie recipe for you today, dear readers. This Caramel Banana Cream Pie has a wonderful graham cracker crust, covered with sweet bananas, luscious caramel and a cream filling that is divine. It’s topped with cool whip and another layer of caramel, sending it right over the edge of bliss, my friends. If you are a fan of Banana Cream Pie, give this fun twist on the classic recipe a try. I bet you’ll be happy you did!
Let me show you how to make it happen…
1. Place 12 sheets of graham crackers into a gallon sized Ziploc bag.
Seal the bag tightly and roll a rolling-pin over the top of the bag, repeatedly to crush the crackers into fine crumbs.
2. To the bag add 1/4 C sugar and 5 Tb melted butter. Stir it all together to combine.
3. Spray a 9 inch (deep dish) pie plate with cooking spray and pour the crumbs into it. Using the flat bottom of a measuring cup, press the crumbs firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the plate.
4. Grab an (11 ounce) bag of caramel bits (or wrapped caramels). Pour the bits into to a glass measuring cup and pour 3 Tb of half and half over the top. Heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking interval, until the caramel is melted and smooth.
5. Slice 2-3 bananas and layer them over the crust. Reserve about 1/3 C of the caramel to use when you are ready to cut and serve the pie. Pour the remaining caramel over the top…
…as evenly as you can.
6. Into your stand mixer place 2 (3.4 ounce) packages of instant vanilla pudding and 1 (3.4 ounce) package of instant banana pudding. Add 3 3/4 C half and half and beat the mixture on medium-high-speed until nice and thick. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure all of the mix is getting incorporated.
7. Add 1/2 C cool whip to the mixture and fold it in.
8. Carefully spread the pudding over the top of the bananas.
9. Add the remaining cool whip to the top of the pie.
10. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
When you are ready to serve, reheat the remaining caramel and drizzle it over the top of each piece.
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe adapted from Like Mother Like Daughter
For more great pie recipes click the picture below…