Oven Baked Brown Rice
If you are looking for a great, no-fuss side dish recipe of wonder…this is it, my friends. I’m always looking for new ways to spruce up my side dish repertoire and this great brown rice recipe really did the trick. Baked in the oven, the rice is super tender, fluffy and packs a great savory flavor. It’s wonderful served alongside this fabulous Pan Fried Fish, Crispy Cheddar Chicken, or even the wonderful and amazing Chicken Stuffed Crescent Rolls.
Hope some of you get a chance to try it!
1 Tb olive oil
1 Tb butter
1 small onion, chopped into very small pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tb carrots, chopped into very small pieces
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1 1/2 C brown rice
3 1/4 C chicken broth
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Heat a skillet up over medium high heat. Add the oil and butter and allow them to melt together and get hot.
2. Add the onion, garlic and carrots. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper. Cook and stir frequently until the onions are translucent.
3. Grab a 2-3 quart casserole dish and spray it with cooking spray.
4. Pour the rice, sauteed veggies, and broth into the pan. Stir well and cover. The dish I used has a glass lid that worked well. No lid? Shouldn't be a problem. Cover the pan tightly with two layers of tin foil.
5. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for 5 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork, serve and enjoy!
Recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.net
Recipe adapted from Real Housemoms