If you are a lover of peanut butter and chocolate….then this delectable pie is for you. We are indeed approaching the great pie making season of the year. This one is a piece of cake to make. Well, a piece of pie actually. Thanks to my sweet friend Trisha for having a birthday and being a lover of peanut butter and chocolate, so I could have a great excuse to give this recipe a try. I found it on a fellow food bloggers site. Laura, of Real Mom Kitchen has really given me a lot of advice about food blogging. I am indebted to her for her generosity in helping me understand things I had no idea about, just a mere two weeks ago. Her site is wonderful, she posts every day but Sunday. Check out her site, she’s got a lot of family friendly food and frequently has fun giveaways. On to the recipe!
Recipe from Real Mom Kitchen
1 Oreo crust
1 C peanut butter
1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 C powdered sugar
1 8 oz container Cool Whip (I bought the 16 oz so I would have some remaining to decorate with)
1/2 C semi sweet chocolate + 1/4 t Crisco
1 C cool whip
4-5 Reese's peanut butter cups, regular sized
1. Beat the peanut butter with the cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
3. Add in the 8 oz of Cool Whip and beat mixture until smooth, scraping the sides as needed.
4. Pour into the crust.
5. Melt the chocolate chips and Crisco in the microwave, cooking for only 30 seconds at a time and stirring between each heating interval.
6. Put the chocolate into a small Ziploc bag, cut a small hole in the corner of the bag.
7. Pipe the chocolate in a decorative pattern on the top of the pie as desired.
8. Pipe the cool whip with a large star tip.
9. Cut the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups into 8ths and carefully place them on top of the decorative cool whip.
10. Refrigerate at least an hour before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.net