Oh, I am in love with this hearty sandwich.
Oh, I am in love with the sweet friend who introduced me to it!
A couple of months ago, this sweet friend showed up on my doorstep with a wonderful meal for my family.
This is not a joke.
These kind of lovely people are around us everywhere.
Just take a look.
Not only was it a delicious meal but I was introduced to this
fabulous Chicken Pesto French Bread Sandwich.
(try and say that one fast three times)
It is really, just down right scrumptious.
I am now going to pass it right along to all of you.
Because you all, are so very lovely yourselves.
Just take a look.
Note: Pesto can be purchased fresh at both Costco and Sam’s Club. It is a large jar, but freezes well. I just pour a bunch of it into an icecube tray, cover with foil and then freeze. I leave it in the freezer in the icecube tray, but you could take the pesto cubes out and store them in a ziploc bag as well.
My mom recently tried this recipe with a powdered pesto mix (found with the other Shilling, and Knorr envelope mixes at any grocery store). She made the Pesto according to the package instructions and said it turned out great! Thanks for the tip Mom.
Chicken Pesto French Bread Sandwich
Yield: 6 servings
Time: 45 minutes
Recipe from Angela Howells (the lovely)
1 loaf french bread
2 T olive oil
2 chicken breasts
freshly cracked salt and pepper
1 1/2 t minced garlic
1 large white onion
1/3-1/2 C pesto
2 C mozzarella cheese
1 C shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cut your chicken into 1 inch chunks with some kitchen scissors. Heat up a large skillet and add your 1 T of the oil. When it’s nice and hot throw in your garlic, and then your chicken. Season it up with the salt and pepper. Let the chicken and garlic cook until it has a nice golden look to it. Set the beauties aside.
2. In the same hot skillet put the other T of oil in along with your onions. Let them cook until they are nice and golden as well.
3. Cut your loaf of french bread in half, right on through the middle. Don’t just go cutting it in half from top to bottom now. That’s just going to give you two chunks of bread. We want it nice long area to put our toppings on.
4. Spread the pesto over each half.
5. Layer the chicken, onions, and then sprinkle with the cheese.
6. Throw the lovely concoction into a 400 degree oven and let it bake just until the cheese is all bubbly and the bread is heated through. About 10-15 minutes. Enjoy! You deserve it!