Up today, front and center is a wonderfully tasty recipe for Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes. I found this little treasure at Mels Kitchen Cafe.
She’s a good one, that girl. Her site is chuck full of fabulous recipes.
This particular version of Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes can be put together fairly quickly as it doesn’t require making a cheesy sauce. Rather the cheese is tossed with a little bit of cornstarch and then layered with potatoes. A mixture of broth and half and half is then poured over everything and vwalla….delicious,
Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes.
This yummy dish gets consumed VERY quickly around here
and is perfect served with Grandpa Marks Meatloaf.
Hope you love it…
Hope you have a great day…
and thanks so much for stopping by!
Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
Time: 20 minutes prep + 80 minutes to bake
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe adapted from Mels Kitchen Cafe
2 1/2 C sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 C Parmesan cheese, grated
2 t cornstarch
5 large russet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
salt and pepper
3/4 C half and half
1/2 C chicken broth
1. Peel your potatoes and slice them as thin as you can. You need them to be about 1/8 of an inch thick.
2. Spray a 3 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Layer half of the potatoes evenly over the bottom.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the cheeses and the cornstarch. Just toss them around with your fingers to get them all combined. Sprinkle half of the cheese mixture over the potatoes.
4. Layer the rest of the potatoes over the cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large measuring cup combine the half and half and the chicken broth. Pour it over the potatoes.
5. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove your cover and bake for the remaining 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through.