That’s what this recipe is.
Simple and delicious!
Crisp cool lettuce,
and sweet peas
and cheddar cheese,
all layered up in a pretty glass bowl
(or a 9×13. Seriously. It’s just as good!
You don’t have to get all glass bowled and fancy)
These fabulous and simple flavors spend
a night together chilling in the fridge and
ready or not
here they come…
Pretty Layered Overnight Salad.
Simple and delicious.
Make it on Easter.
Make it for your mother, or your brother.
Bring it to your pot luck party of wonder.
I don’t think you’ll be sorry!
Pretty Layered Overnight Salad
Time: 20 minutes prep + Chilling overnight in the fridge
Yield: 15 servings
Recipe adapted from my mother in law Jill Eskelson
***NOTE: This salad also works well in a 9×13 pan. Just layer the lettuce, green onions, bacon, and eggs. Spread the dressing over the top and sprinkle with cheese.***
10 strips bacon
8 C chopped romaine lettuce (about 2 hearts or 1 head)
2 C peas
6 green onions
3 C cheddar cheese
2 C mayonnaise
2 t sugar
dash salt and pepper
1. Cook up your bacon. Crumble it all up once it has cooled down.
2. Boil your eggs. Place them in cold ice water to cool them down. Then peel and slice them.
3. Chop up your lettuce and green onions.
4. Mix all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
5. Layer half the lettuce, green onions, peas and bacon in the bottom of a pretty glass dish.
6. Layer the eggs carefully over the top.
7. Spread half of the dressing over the eggs and sprinkle with half of the cheese.
8. Repeat the layers. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
Like what you see here?
Stumble it, Like it, or Retweet below.