Since you are so nice and lovely…
You most likely get invited to nice places with nice people!
Church Pot Lucks,
Meet and Greets,
Sit on Santa’s Lap Why Don’t Ya,
Lets All Try And Find A Bunch Of Eater Eggs…
you attend these functions
(I knew you did. Because you are so very nice and lovely.)
Next time you are invited…
make this Raspberry Cream Cheese and Pretzels Salad.
You will instantly be the most loved person at the party.
People will start to say things like….
“Who brought THAT salad.”
“Get out of town…that is GOOO-HOOOD.”
“Excuse me, but could I please get
married to the maker of that salad.”
“Shut the front door, the back door and all of the windows.
Heavenly bliss is in our midst.”
Just trust me.
You want to bring this salad with you.
I got this recipe out of a wonderful cookbook I have been reading.
Bless Your Heart
Bless Your Heart
recipes by Patsy Caldwell and stories by Amy Lyles Wilson. The recipes in this book are very family friendly and look delicious. Fabulous food isn’t the only treasure lingering in the pages. There are great stories written throughout that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. It is a heartwarming read, to be truthful.
Thomas Nelson Publishing Company has graciously agreed to give away a copy of this wonderful book…
to three of you.
That is very nice and lovely, indeed.
To enter the giveaway leave me a comment telling me the dish/recipe you like to bring most to a gathering.
You know, like….Triple Chocolate Heavenly Bliss
or Strawberry Shortcake Dessert of Wonder
or A Bag Of Chips I Was Really Busy.
(Don’t be ashamed…everyone likes chips.)
What ever you like to bring….tell me all about it. Please leave your email address in your comment, so I can contact you if you are one of the lucky winners.
You may enter until midnight on Sunday April 24th, winner will be announced on Monday morning April 25th.
One entry per person.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Pretzel Salad
Time: 40 minutes hands on + 4 hours to chill
Yield: One 9×13 pan
Recipe adapted from Bless Your Heart
2 1/2 C pretzels
3/4 C butter, melted
3 T sugar
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1 C sugar
1 8 oz container cool whip
1 6 oz package raspberry jello
2 C boiling water
3 C frozen raspberries
1. Throw those pretzels in a small food processor and grind them into coarse crumbs.
2. Add your melted butter and 3 T sugar. Mix until combined.
3. Press the pretzel mixture into a 9×13 pan and bake at 400 degrees for 13 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
4. In your stand mixer, or in a medium sized mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add your sugar and mix for about 4 minutes.
5. Add the cool whip and mix for one minute, or until everything is well combined.
6. Heat your water up in the microwave until it is boiling. Add the jello and stir until it is all nice and dissolved.
7. Pour in your raspberries and stir to combine. Place the bowl in your fridge until the mixture has thickened up a bit. (Like syrup, at least. If it has set up more that that…no worries. The recipe will still be wonderful.)
8. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the crust.
9. Pour the beautiful raspberry jello on top, cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
See that pretty little crust under there?
It’s going to be a friend maker.
OR maybe even a marriage maker…
You never know….Salad can be a really powerful tool.
Happy Easter, everyone!
See you back here on Monday!
I received the cookbook Bless Your Heart from the Thomas Nelson Publishing Company. I received no compensation for this post, or my review of the book. All ideas and thoughts in the post are my own.