Looking for something fun to make for your Fourth Of July celebration? These cute Cream Cheese Stuffed Strawberries might be just the thing. Especially with a nice blueberry on top. Kind of fits with a red, white and blue theme, wouldn’t you say? If you are looking for some great main course dishes, sides or desserts for your holiday celebration check out my post of 50 Summer BBQ Recipes.
Ok then, let’s fancy up some berries…you and me, baby.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Strawberries
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: About 30 strawberries
Recipe adapted from The Sisters Cafe
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE
2 (1 pound) containers strawberries
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
6 T powdered sugar
2 T orange juice (fresh, or from a bottle)
1 C cool whip
1 t vanilla
1. Wash your beautiful berries and pat them dry.
2. In your stand mixer, or large mixing bowl, beat 2 packages of softened cream cheese until smooth. Add 6 tablespoons of powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons orange juice, 1 cup cool whip, 1 teaspoon vanilla and a dash of salt. Beat until well combined and smooth.
3. Set the strawberries up on their green stems. With a sharp knife cut a slit through the top of each strawberry, making sure you don’t cut all the way through to the stem.
4. Cut another slit along the top, forming an x pattern.
5. Place a large open star tip in a pastry bag and fill the bag with the cream cheese mixture. If you don’t have a large star tip, or a pastry bag, you could just use a large ziploc bag and cut a small hole in the end.
6. Pipe the cream cheese filling into the cut end of each strawberry.
7. Place a blueberry on the top and set them on a pretty platter. Refrigerate until serving.