Every year around Valentines Day my little family and I have a fun dinner together. We eat something simple (like Papa Murphy’s Pizza!), I decorate the table all fun and valentines-ie, and then we take turns telling each person something we love about him or her. It’s a fun tradition we have done for about the past 7 years now. I wrote a post about it last year (click here to see it), if you would like more specifics.
Anyhow, I am always looking for a new yummy valentines treat to make for traditional family dinner, (and of course to post for you all). Something decadent and wonderful. 🙂 These fabulous Chewy Brownie White Chocolate and Strawberry Mini Trifles have been on my mind as of late and I am planning to make them again for our traditional dinner. (Now that I have tried them out for you all). They are absolutely fantastic! Chewy chocolate brownies are layered with a rich, fluffy white chocolate pudding. Toss some fresh strawberries, chocolate sauce and whip cream on top and you will have a fabulous dessert of wonder, my friends. The combination of flavors is knock down delicious. I let my kids eat a sampling after dinner tonight and there were no words. Only eyes rolling in the back of their heads and licking of spoons and bowls. 🙂
If you are looking for more fun Valentines-like recipes please click on the image below to see some from my archives.
Now, let’s make some heavenly trifle…shall we?
Chewy Brownie White Chocolate Strawberry Mini Trifles
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE
Time: 20 min prep, 1 hour total
Yield: 6-7 mini trifles
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up! Brownie recipe from AllRecipes
***NOTES: If you would like to make this into one regular sized trifle I would suggest doubling the recipe below. Also, I purchased the little trifle bowls at Walmart, I believe they were about $2.50 a piece. ***
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 C + 2 T cocoa powder
2 T + 2 t canola oil
1/4 C boiling water
1 C sugar
2 T + 2 t canola oil
2/3 C flour
1/2 t vanilla
1/8 t salt
WHITE CHOCOLATE PUDDING:
1 (3.3 ounce) instant white chocolate pudding
1 1/2 C whipping cream
1/2 C milk
1 pound fresh strawberries
Hershey’s chocolate syrup
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Into a medium-sized mixing bowl place 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Toss them around to combine.
2. Add 2 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons of canola oil
and 1/4 cup boiling water. (I just boiled my water in the microwave).
3. Blend the ingredients together until they thicken just a bit. Should only take about 30-40 seconds.
4. Add 1 cup sugar, 1 egg, 2 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons of canola oil, 2/3 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Blend the ingredients just until they are combined and smooth.
5. Spray a 9×9 pan with cooking spray and spread the batter out evenly into the pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the brownies to cool completely.
6. Toss one package of instant white chocolate pudding into your stand mixer or medium-sized mixing bow.
Add 1 1/2 cups whipping cream and 1/2 cup milk. Beat the mixture (I used the whisk attachment on my Kitchen Aid) until it’s nice and thick. Should only take a couple of minutes.
7. Wash 1 pound of strawberries. Slice the green stems off and cut the strawberries up into pretty slices.
8. When your brownies are completely cool, cut them into a small chunks.
9. Make your mini trifles by placing 4-5 brownie chunks in the bottom of each dish.
Top with about 1/3 cup of the pudding,
some fresh strawberries,
and a drizzle or two of chocolate syrup.
10. Add a dollop of cool whip and a few more strawberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.