Over the winter break my sweet sister-in-law Rachel (and HerHandsomeHusband and cute little kids) stayed with me and my family. We spent a lot of time visiting, playing cards and hanging out with the rest of our extended family.MyTeenSonMark and my cute sister in law Rachel
Some who are really brave and daredevil-ish piled on winter gear and frolicked around in the snow. One day I am going to be brave and daredevil-ish. Truly, I am.
For now I just like taking a picture or two…
Besides picture taking and snow frolicking, we also spent a lot of time eating some wonderful food. Rachel made these delicious Sweet and Hot Shrimp Tacos for us while we were enjoying the holiday. They are absolutely fabulous and come together super quickly. You only need about 15 minutes from start to finish. The shrimp are coated in a sweet and spicy chili sauce, served in a crispy corn tortilla and topped with cheese, tomatoes and lettuce. If you enjoy Sea Food, I hope you will give this recipe a try. It is sure to please. 🙂 Thanks Rachel!
Sweet and Hot Shrimp Tacos
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 tacos
Recipe from the beautiful Rachel Eskelson
3/4 C Sweet Chili Sauce
2 T honey
40 medium sized shrimp (pre-cooked, tail off)
6 corn tortillas
Mexican Cheese Blend
1. Find yourself some sweet chili sauce. (You can purchase this brand of Sweet Chili Sauce in most large grocery stores in the Asian food section).
2. Heat up a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Pour 3/4 C sweet chili sauce into it. Add 2 tablespoons of honey, give it a nice stir to combine and let the mixture heat through.
3. Add about 40 medium sized shrimp to the sauce. Stir them around, making sure all of the shrimp get coated. Let them heat up, just until the shrimp are nice and warm. Watch them carefully. You don’t want them to cook much, as they are already cooked and all. 🙂 Your goal here is to let the shrimp soak in the sauce and get heated through.
4. Heat a large skillet up over medium high heat. Add about 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
Toss in a few corn tortillas, as many as your pan will fit.
Sprinkle them with a bit of salt and allow them to get golden brown on the bottom. Flip them over and let the other side get golden.
5. Remove the tortillas to a serving plate and top them with the saucy shrimp, cheese, lettuce and tomato. Serve immediately.
Hope you are all finding ways to keep warm!!!!! We have seen tempratures as low as -4! Bundle up, won’t you. 🙂