There are many, very important reasons for you to make this cake. Here are a few in no particular order.
- Peaches are in season, and gosh are they glorious, or what!
- It’s very easy to prepare.
- I bet you have most of the ingredients on hand!
- It tastes like fall, with toasted pecans and cinnamon adorning the top.
- It’s good man. Like, lock me in a closet with a bowl full kind of good.
- The cake is soft and moist.
- It goes well with Vanilla Ice Cream or fresh whipped cream.
- You could serve it as a breakfast cake of wonder.
- You could eat it cold after lunch.
- It makes a great Sunday night treat.
Have I talked you into it, yet? I hope so! Grab some fresh peaches and let’s make it, baby. 🙂
Fresh Peach Cake with Cinnamon and Pecans
Time: 15 minutes prep + 50 minutes baking
Yield: 8 servings
Recipe from Ina Garten
1/2 C butter, softened (I use salted)
1 C sugar
1 C sour cream
1 t vanilla
2 C flour
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
3 large peaches, peeled and sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)
1/2 C sugar
1 t cinnamon
1/2 C pecans, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup sugar into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed for 3-5 minutes or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low.
4. Add 1 cup sour cream and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix until the batter is smooth.
5. In a separate bowl combine 2 cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss it all around a bit with a fork to combine.
6. With the mixer on low, add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Mix, just until combined.
7. Spray a 9×9 baking pan with cooking spray and spread half of the batter into it.
8. Peel and slice 2 1/2 cups of peaches (tutorial for peeling and cutting peaches found here). Lay half of the peaches over the batter.
9. Carefully spread the remaining batter over the top of the peaches.
10. In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
11. Layer the rest of the peaches over the batter and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar.
12. Chop 1/2 cup of pecans and sprinkle them over the top of the cake.
13. Toss the pan into your hot oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.