Man, do I have a fabulous recipe to share with you today. Crispy Coconut Chicken, to be exact.
Slices of chicken are breaded with panko bread crumbs and coconut, then baked in the oven. The result is oh so wonderful. The coating is delicately crisp, while the chicken slices are tender and juicy. The coconut adds a hint of sweetness without being overly sweet. It doesn’t taste like a desert is what I am telling you here. 🙂 MyLittleTwinBoys gobbled it up in a fast hurry.
They loved dipping it in the wonderful Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing I posted yesterday.
I sliced mine up laid it over the top of a gorgeous salad. If you drizzle the whole things with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing oh my goodness…heaven, my friends. This chicken is a heavenly delight!
Now, let me show you how easy it is to put together.
Crispy Coconut Chicken
2 T olive oil
5 chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 pounds)
2 T milk
2 C panko bread crumbs
1/2 C coconut
1/8 t salt
SALAD: (any combination of salad ingredients would be great)
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil onto a large cookie sheet. Spread it around evenly over the pan.
3. Cut 5 chicken breasts into strips that are about 2 inches wide. (Give or take…please don’t search for a ruler).
4. Crack an egg into a loaf pan. Add 2 tablespoons milk and whisk the two together until well combined.
5. In a separate loaf pan combine 2 cups panko bread crumbs, 1/2 cup coconut and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
6. Dredge each chicken slice into the egg mixture…
and then into the coconut mixture. Be sure to press the mixture into the chicken a bit to help it stick.
7. Lay each piece of coated chicken onto your greased cookie sheet. Spray a bit of cooking spray over the tops to give them a little bit of moisture. This will also help the bread crumbs and coconut to get golden brown.
8. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is crisp.
Then, the future of this Chicken is up to you. Layer it over a beautiful bed of salad greens, tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers and drizzle it with Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing.
Or just dip it, baby.