If you are looking for a quick and easy recipe to brighten up your next backyard barbecue, church potluck, fourth of July shin dig, ladies lunch or any other celebratory type function…this fabulous trifle is calling your name. Loud and clear. It. Is. Calling You!
Don’t heat up your oven. There is no baking required.
You only need 5 ingredients and 20 minutes to make it happen.
Yes, you read right, sweet-cheeks. 5 simple ingredients and this pretty dessert can be all yours.
Fluffy Angel Food Cake is broken into pieces and layered with fresh strawberries, blueberries, lemon yogurt and cool whip. That’s it! It may sound overly simple to you, but make no mistake there is nothing lacking in its flavor. It’s light, refreshing and bursting with fresh berry flavor. I guess you could say it’s kind of like a layered strawberry shortcake with a creamy lemon twist.
Make it and love it, gang. It would make a pretty presentation for most any gathering and especially for the Fourth of July.
Let me show you the details!
Lemon Berry Trifle
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 (14 ounce) Angel Food Cake, premade
1 1/2 pounds strawberries, sliced
1 (24 ounce) package blueberries
6 (6 ounce) containers lemon yogurt
1 (8 ounce) container cool whip, thawed
1. Grab a premade Angel Food cake…
and cut it up into 1 inch cubes. No need to measure here, just make them approximately the same size.
2. Layer half of the cake pieces in the bottom of a pretty glass dish.
3. Add 1/3 of the sliced strawberries…
and 1/3 of the blueberries.
4. Scoop 3 containers of lemon yogurt over the top of the berries. I love this light Yoplait Lemon Cream Pie version. It has a great combination of sweet and tart.
Spread the yogurt out evenly over the berries.
5. Add half of a 8 ounce container of cool whip. (The picture here is of a 16 ounce container, but I only ended up using half. Stick with a 8 ounce and you should be good).
6. Repeat the layers…cake, 1/3 of the berries and 3 containers of yogurt.
7. Then add the rest of the cool whip and layer the rest of the berries on top.
8. Pop it in the fridge for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours, then serve!
Enjoy! Aren’t those beautiful berries. 🙂
Hope you love, love, love it.
Here’s the handy tutorial in “pin-able” format.