Oh, baby. Do I have a fabulous confection to share with you today! These bars are chewy and loaded with white chocolate and dried cranberries. The frosting has a fabulous white chocolate and orange flavor that is out of this world. Seriously, these bars are dangerous business. Make at your own risk, truly! They would be awesome to take to any holiday party this season.
I found this recipe for Cranberry Orange Bliss Bars in my good friend Laura’s new cookbook…
Christmas Desserts! This little book is full of beautiful, holiday themed desserts. Laura’s recipes are always easy to make, and delicious. You can buy this book at Amazon for $4.99! Isn’t that a great deal? It would make a fun stocking stuffer. I have two books available to giveaway to two luck readers. To enter the giveaway just leave me a comment below telling me your favorite Christmas Dessert. It can be homemade, or something you love to buy during the season. The giveaway will be open from today until Thursday November 13th at midnight. Winner will be announced on Friday November 14th, bright and early with the sunshine.
Cranberry Orange Bliss Bars
Time: 20 min. prep + 25 min. baking + time to cool
Yield: 16 bars
Recipe from Christmas Desserts by Laura Powell
3/4 C butter, softened
1 1/4 C brown sugar
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 C dried cranberries, chopped
1/2 C white chocolate chips
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 Tb butter, softened
2 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp orange zest
2 Tb orange juice
2 Tb dried cranberries, chopped
1/4 C white chocolate, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl place 3/4 C butter and 1 1/4 C brown sugar.
3. Mix them until well combined.
4. Add 3 eggs, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix until the mixture is nice and smooth.
5. Into a small bowl place 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1 1/2 cups flour. Toss them together to combine.
6. Add the dry mixture to the butter mixture and mix until well combined. Should take a couple of minutes.
7. Chop 1/2 cup of dried cranberries and add them to the bowl. Add 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips as well and mix to combine.
8. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and place the dough inside.
Spread it out evenly with a knife.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
10. Allow the bars to cool completely.
11. To make the frosting, zest a beautiful orange. You will need 1/2 tsp of zest.
12. Into a medium sized mixing bowl place 4 ounces cream cheese, 2 Tb butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp orange zest and 2 Tb juice from the orange. Mix it well, until it’s smooth and glossy.
13. Spread the frosting over the top of the cooled bars. Sprinkle the top with 2 Tb chopped dried cranberries.
14. Pour 1/4 C white chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and heat it in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each one. You want to make sure the chocolate doesn’t get too hot. It will start to clump up on you if it’s heated to fast.
15. Drizzle the white chocolate over the top of the bars.
16. Let them chill out in the fridge until the chocolate is set and the frosting has firmed up a bit.
Slice and enjoy!