I am going to try, in every way, shape and form to convince you to make this sandwich, ladies and gentlemen. It is drop-to-your knees-delicious, and when something makes that kind of impression on me, I can’t help but want to make it at least once a week for the rest of my life. Toasted Buttery French Bread is topped with savory BBQ Chicken chunks, loaded down with mozzarella cheese and topped with fresh cilantro and green onions.
It will only set you back 20 minutes.
Every person I have fed it to has given it two thumbs up.
You could make it for dinner or lunch, heck…eat it for breakfast, who am I to judge!
Feed it to your March Madness Crew (is that still going on? I majored in music…)
Feed it to hungry teenagers, starving tweens, your parents, your neighbors, your friends neighbors…or just make it for yourself.
You deserve it. 🙂
Open Faced BBQ Chicken Sandwich
Time: 20 minutes (sweet)
Yield: 5-6 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 loaf french bread
2 Tb butter, softened
1 rotisserie chicken
3/4 C Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
3 C mozzarella cheese, grated
3 green onions, chopped
3 Tb cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grab a handy loaf of french bread. I love this bread from Wal-Mart. (Yes, I typed the words “love” and “walmart” in the same sentence).
3. Slice the loaf in half, lengthwise.
4. Line a large cookie sheet with tin foil and spray it with cooking spray. (This will make for easy clean up!). Lay the bread on top of the foil and spread 1 Tb of softened butter over each half of bread.
5. Pop it in the oven and allow it to toast slightly. Should only take 4-5 minutes. This will help the bread get nice and crispy, and keep it from getting soggy with the saucy chicken. Toasting it also heightens the flavor of the bread.
6. Grab a rotisserie chicken…
and cut the breast meat, and a bit of the dark meat from the carcass. Chop it into bite sized pieces.
7. Place the chicken in a bowl and pour 3/4 C Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce over it. Stir it well to combine. Cover the bowl and heat it in the microwave for 4 minutes.
8. Stir the chicken and carefully place it out evenly onto the toasted loaves.
9. Sprinkle 3 C mozzarella cheese over the top of the chicken.
10. Pop it back into the oven and allow the cheese to get all melted and delightful looking. Should only take 5 minutes.
11. Chop 3 green onions, and about 3 Tb cilantro…more or less to your own liking. Sprinkle them all over the melted cheese. Yum. Totally, fresh tasting and delicious! Don’t skip the green onions and cilantro, gang. They really kick up the flavor.
Looking for more Rotisserie Chicken Recipes? Click the image below.