I have a super easy, super fast, super delicious, crowd pleasing recipe for you all today. I love a recipe loaded down with those features, don’t you? Especially during the summer months. What is it about summer that keeps us running in 790 directions every day? I’m sure I don’t know all the reasons but I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with school being out and children lurking around every corner at all hours of the day and night. 🙂 Just a simple guess.
Here are some important facts about this creamy salad of wonder.
1. You will only need 4 ingredients and 10 minutes to make it a reality.
2. It can be made up to 24 hours in advance.
3. Your kids will love it. It’s got kid appeal written all over it.
4. Your parents will love it! It is not designed for children only. This is an equal opportunity blog, after all.
5. Your big buff neighbor and his grumpy dog will love it, considering it is really more like a dessert than a salad. What can I say, here in Utah we like to eat creamy sweet recipes like this with our meal and call it “salad”. It’s a great place to live, truly. 🙂
Hope you make it and love it, gang! Throw it together for your upcoming Fourth of July party. You won’t be sorry!
PS…I will be taking Friday off due to the holiday, watch for July’s Menu Plan coming up Monday morning.
CREAMY VANILLA BERRY SALAD
***Note: This salad can be made up to 24 hours in advance.***
Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
Recipe from my dear friend Pam Slade (Softball Player Extraordinaire)
1 (32 ounce) container vanilla yogurt
1 (6 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
1 (16 ounce) cool whip
2-3 C fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries or raspberries)
Just look at these simple ingredients!
1. Grab 1 large container of vanilla yogurt and scoop it out into a large bowl.
1. Sprinkle 1 box of instant vanilla pudding over the yogurt and stir it in.
2. Add 1 large container thawed cool whip and give it a nice stir.
3. Find some beautiful berries. You can use fresh or frozen berries that have been thawed. You’ll want to use about 2 cups of berries to stir into the creamy mixture, and about 1 cup to place on top for a pretty display.
Add the berries to the vanilla cream mixture. Stir them in, just until combined.
4. Place the creamy mixture into a pretty bowl and top with the remaining berries. Cover and chill until ready to serve.