Loaded with spicy flavor, these Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas are a great, quick-fix lunch or dinner for any of you out there who enjoy a nice kick to your food. Which I do. They aren’t so super spicy that you will need to drown yourself in an ice shower, they just have a little bit of a kick to them. Perfect, in my opinion. Buffalo Sauce is mixed with chicken, creamy mayo and sour cream, then heated on a grilled tortilla covered in melted cheese. Yum. Cut them into triangles, dip them into cool Blue Cheese Dressing and you will be good to go.
Hope some of you have a chance to try them! They are super easy, which is just what I need in the summer time. Breakfast, lunch and dinner seem to surface at record speed when everyone is home during the day, true? I feel like I am in the kitchen cooking or cleaning up at least 75% of the time. However, I’m trying to hold onto the great times I am having with my kids. August and Back-To-School are just around the darn corner, you know.
Darn it all. 🙂
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Grab a (12.5 ounce) can of chicken. Drain it well and pour the chicken into a medium-sized bowl. Add 1/4 C mayonnaise (I used Best Food Light), 2 Tb sour cream, and 2 Tb Frank’s Buffalo Sauce. Stir it well to combine.
2. Heat up a skillet over medium high heat. Grab a tortilla (I love these uncooked tortillas).
3. Spray the skillet with cooking spray and place the tortilla on it. Allow it to cook for about 30 seconds, or until slightly golden brown and then flip it over. Add 2-3 Tb grated cheese (I used a Mexi-blend).
4. Spread about 1/5 of the chicken mixture over half of the tortilla.
When the cheese is slightly melted fold the tortilla in half, over the top of the chicken mixture.
Like this. 🙂 Allow it to continue to cook until the chicken has warmed through and the cheese is nice and melted.
5. Cut into triangles and serve with Blue Cheese Dressing.
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe adapted from my brother-in-law Burke Gull