I’ve got a fantastic recipe for you today, friends…that couldn’t be simpler to put together. Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie (or as my Sisters in Law call it “Asphalt Pie”) highlights crushed up Oreos, mint chocolate ice cream and a homemade hot fudge that is out of this world! The cookies give it a great chunky texture while the hot fudge packs a creamy chocolate punch that is divine. It’s simple to be sure, but is a real crowd pleaser as well.
Hope some of you get a chance to try it!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. I highly recommend using this fabulous Homemade Hot Fudge recipe for the yummy Grasshopper Ice Cream Dessert. You can use pre-made hot fudge, but it’s not nearly as good. 🙂 If you opt to make the homemade version, make it first and allow it to cool for 15-20 before assembling the Grasshopper Ice Cream Dessert.
2. Grab a half-gallon of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and let it sit on the counter for about 20 minutes, or until it’s slightly softened.
3. Toss 30 Oreo cookies into a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Close the bag and use a rolling-pin to pound the cookies into rough pieces.
You don’t want the pieces to be too tiny. I like mine to be nice and chunky.
2. Spray a 9×9 pan (make sure it has fairly tall sides) with cooking spray and lay half of the crushed cookies out over the bottom.
3. Carefully spoon 1 half-gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream over the top of the cookies. Spread it out as evenly as possible.
4. Pour 1 Cup of Homemade Hot Fudge over the top of the ice cream.
6. Carefully spoon 1 (8 ounce) package thawed cool whip over the top.
7. Sprinkle the remaining Oreo pieces over the top. Cover tightly and freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
8. When you are ready to serve, cut into chunks and drizzle with additional Homemade Hot Fudge.
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe adapted from my Eskelson Sisters in Law
Today is National Oreo Day! A few of my food blogging friends have put together some fantastic Oreo recipes to celebrate…
Don’t they look great!? You can find all of the pictured recipes at the following links…
Fried Sweet Oreos from Ashlee Marie
Oreo Buttercream Frosting from Real Mom Kitchen
Oreo Brownies with Cookie Dough Frosting from The Stay at Home Chef
Thin Mint Oreo Pops from Like Mother Like Daughter
Cookies and Cream Poke Cake from Butter with a Side of Bread
Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Baker Upstairs
Mint Oreo Pops from 365 Days of Cooking
Lighter Mini Cheesecakes with Oreo Crust from Yummy Healthy Easy
Oreo Krispie Treats from Creations by Kara
Mint Cookies and Cream Fudge from Life Made Simple
More Oreo Recipes from my archives…
And a few more from friends blogs to round the number out to 25!
Oreo Truffles from Ashlee Marie
Ice Cream Cone Oreo Ball from Ashlee Marie
Mini No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes from Real Mom Kitchen
French Silk Pie from Real Mom Kitchen
Chunky Monkey Pie from Real Mom Kitchen
Baked Chocolate Doughnuts with Mint Frosting from The Stay at Home Chef
Peanut Butter Oreo Cookie Brownie Cups from Like Mother Like Daughter
Easy Oreo Ice Cream Cake from Butter with a Side of Bread
Peanut Butter Oreos from The Baker Upstairs
Oreo Topped Cheesecake Brownies from Life Made Simple
Thanks for dropping by today! Have a good one. 🙂