It’s no secret that Coconut and Lime are a fabulous flavor combination, both in sweet treats and savory dishes. I’ve wanted to come up with a savory Quinoa featuring the fabulous duo for some time now and finally put my hand to it. We make the infamous Cilantro Lime Rice at least once a month around here and I was eager to switch it up just a bit. It was the right thing to do, friends. The coconut flavor is very mild, the lime and cilantro are bright and refreshing. The texture of quinoa is super light and fluffy, which I love.
You could make it to serve alongside this amazing Chicken Enchilada Skillet or with these fabulous Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos or even with this yummy Burrito Casserole. Or, stay tuned…I’ve got an amazing recipe coming up next that stars this amazing side dish. Hope to see you then!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Grab a medium sized sauce pan and add to it 1 C Quinoa, 2 C water and 2 tsp chicken bullion granules.
2. Add the zest of one lime.
3. Bring it to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to medium low. Allow it to simmer and cook for 12-15 minutes or until the water has absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
4. Remove from the heat and fluff with a fork.
5. Add 1 tsp coconut oil…
and 2-3 Tb fresh cilantro, chopped.
6. Squeeze about 2 Tb of fresh lime juice into the quinoa and stir to combine.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!