Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Chicken with Roasted Broccoli
I love Sheet Pan Dinners. I know many of you do, too. 🙂 I’m glad we can be friends like that. Sheet Pan Pals, right? If you haven’t ever tried one of my Sheet Pan dinner recipes, might I encourage you to take the plunge and make one happen in the near future. (I’ve added pictures and links to several of my favorites below. Keep on scrolling down to see them).
This Lemon Herb Chicken with Roasted Broccoli I’ve brought along to share with you today is wonderful! Chicken and Broccoli are tossed with a bit of olive oil, lemon pepper and then roasted in the oven right along side each other. While they cook away you make a fabulous sweet and savory sauce to drizzle over everything once it has cooked through. We enjoyed ours with white rice, but brown rice or quinoa would be great as well.
Hope some of you get a chance to try it!
Sheet Pan Lemon Herb Chicken with Roasted Broccoli (in 30 minutes or less!)
2 pounds (about 3 large chicken breasts), cut into 1 inch pieces
1 (1 pound) package frozen broccoli (fresh is fine as well)
2-3 Tb olive oil
1 tsp lemon pepper
2 C chicken broth
4 Tb fresh lemon juice
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp New Orleans Cajun seasoning
1 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 Tb cornstarch
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line two large sheet pans with foil.
3. Cut your chicken in to chunks, pat them with paper towels to remove any excess liquid and place them into a medium sized bowl. Drizzle 2 Tb olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp lemon pepper. Toss to coat, then lay them evenly over half of each of the sheet pans. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
4. Toss the broccoli into a bowl and microwave until mostly defrosted. Drain any water from the bottom of the bowl. Drizzle the broccoli with 1 Tb olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp lemon pepper. Toss to coat. Add the broccoli to the other half of the sheet pans.
5. Pop the pans into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Make sure not to over bake. This chicken can tend to dry out.
6. While the chicken and broccoli are in the oven, make the incredibly delicious sauce. Place all sauce ingredients into a medium sized sauce pan and stir well. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring occasionally. Allow it to boil for 2 minutes. It should thicken up and get a nice shiny sheen to it.
7. Drizzle the sauce over the top of the cooked chicken and broccoli.
Serve with white or brown rice.
Recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.net
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Looking for more great sheet pan recipes? Here are some of my favorites!
Sheet Pan Hawaiian Chicken and Veggies
Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken and Roasted Potatoes
Sheet Pan Italian Sausage and Veggies
Sheet Pan Taco Nachos
Sheet Pan Sweet and Sour Chicken and Veggies