Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Can you handle one more new soup recipe, before the warm weather hits? I know I can. I love making soup on a cold day and we have sure had a plenty of those in Utah lately. It’s not time to break out the flip flops quite yet, but boy am I looking forward to that! Bring on the warm weather. 🙂
This amazing Chicken Pot Pie Soup is comfort food at it’s best. A slightly thick, flavorful creamy broth is loaded with veggies and tender chunks of chicken.
It is fantastic served with these wonderful Quick and Easy Breadsticks…
Or with this fabulous English Muffin Bread. Hope some of you get a chance to try it!
6 Tb butter
1 medium onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
4 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/3 C flour
1 (32 ounce) carton chicken broth
1 1/2 C Half and Half
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
dash red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
2 C rotisserie chicken, chopped
1 C frozen corn
1 C frozen peas
1. Chop the onion, celery, carrots, potatoes and garlic. You'll need around 5-6 cups of veggies total. I like to keep a large glass measuring cup handy (mine fits 8 cups) and fill it up with veggies as I chop so I'm sure to get at least 5 cups.
2. Heat a large soup pot up over medium high heat. Add the butter and allow it to melt. Toss all of the veggies in (but the corn and peas). Allow them to cook and become crisp tender. Should take about 5-7 minutes.
3. Sprinkle the flour over the top of the veggies and stir it in. Allow it to cook for 1 minute, stirring until the mixture becomes a bit pasty.
4. Add the broth, half and half, and seasonings. Reduce the heat to medium low and allow it to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the veggies are tender. It should thicken up nicely for you. If it's too thick, add a bit of milk.
6. Add the chicken, peas and corn and stir to combine. Allow it to become heated through, then
serve and enjoy!
Recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.net
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Looking for more great soup recipes? Here are a few of my favorites!
Classic Minestrone Soup
Chili’s Copycat Chicken Enchilada Soup
Beef Stroganoff Soup